Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No More Root?  (Read 8809 times)

SuperC142

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
No More Root?
« on: October 11, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »

Hi there- after several weeks of waiting for my replacement AirPad (my first one was defective), my replacement is scheduled to be delivered today.  Last week, I had found (and bookmarked) the posts on this forum that provide instructions for getting SU access (which I'd need to remove "Angry Birds Rio" so that I can download a playable version from Amazon).  I came back today to download the needed files only to find that the posts had been removed and/or the linked files had been removed from dropbox.  Has X10 banned this practice?  :(

Thanks for your help!

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: No More Root?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »

The Angry Birds Rio which came on my AP plays fine as does the original Angry Birds and Sesons which I downloaded from the Adroid Market  according to my wife.

There are a couple of Threads on rooting and some may have been merged.

SuperC142

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply everydayflyer!  The delima I'm having with Rio is:

1) I can't update from the market (and, therefore, can't get the newest levels), it always says the install failed.

2) #1 doesn't matter too much though because it doesn't work at all if the Amazon App Store is installed (if the app store is uninstalled, Rio works fine again).  Not having Amazon isn't really an option though because 95% of my paid apps are through there (allowing my wife, my son, and me to share purchased apps).

3) I can't install the Amazon version of Rio (which I own, ad-free) because it's not allowed to replace the pre-installed version.

So I'm pretty much Rio-less, ha.

As for rooting I see some have been merged/shuffled around, but anything posted by an Administrator that gives instructions has been removed (such as this: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25052.0 ("this post has been removed"), and this: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25086.0 ("off limits to you")), and where I can find remnants of the posts in someone else's quotes, any of the links to the .IMG files are broken (only the updater AirpadUpdater.zip file was intact).  In fact, I just tried to give an example of this too, but I can no longer find anything.  I should have downloaded everything last week when it was available- doh!

bURrITo

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 09:49:39 AM »

the latest update has nothing on it. not even android market. no you tube player, nothing. not even gmail. i updated it and ended up with a pretty much useless tablet because now i found out that yes the device is rooted, but you cannot change anything in filesystem (at least under /system) whatever. this device blows unless you somehow know how to create your own rom or something, which is very frustrating because out of the box with this latest firmware you cannot do anything other than browse the web. (which the browser isn't that good anyway)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »

You can still get the old image files .

Using the image files and the instuctions found here you can revert to an older rom.

For more info check my forum.
 >!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:17:14 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

everydayflyer

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 08:37:44 AM »

the latest update has nothing on it. not even android market. no you tube player, nothing. not even gmail

Which Ver. of Firmware / image is this?

I am confused  which delivered versions of the AirPads have what installed and what image matches which versions.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 08:38:55 AM »

Rom image(004) no longer has marketplace on it!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bURrITo

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »

You can still get the old image files .

Using the image files and the instuctions found here you can revert to an older rom.

For more info check my forum.
 >!

Thanks for the link. Actually this is where I got the latest ROM. I had 002 on it before. The after installing this ROM it is missing a lot of stuff compared to the previous ROM's and most importantly Android Market. I tried going to the link provided and can only download AirPad Factory Rom: 111011_004. Which is the ROM I was talking about in my previous post. Thanks in advance.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »

If you visit my forum you'll find out how you can revert to (002).
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bURrITo

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »

thanks for everyones help. got 002 back. got market back.  :)%

004 was the rom i had that barely had anything on it. which is nice, but no android market! i tried getting market on that rom, but couldn't. anyway between 002 and 004 no real difference other than the apps. any issues i've been having still existed on 004 so i don't need anything from 004 to make it a worthwile update. 002 is just fine.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 12:38:02 PM »

I'm not sure why you didn't just down load market if that was all you needed.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.finsky&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5maW5za3kiXQ..
But then I'm new to android! ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

everydayflyer

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »

If you click on that link and look to the left it states Incompatible wit UNKNOWN AIR 910.

I am also new to android  but I have read that some have patched the OS to make one device appear as a difference device as a work around in some cases.

Not having a full description of the differences between  _001 , _002 and _004   (was there a _003) is adding to the confusion by I suspect that X-10 does not want such posted here.

tommy_v

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 02:20:54 PM »

If you visit my forum you'll find out how you can revert to (002).

You suggest that we visit your forum, but how can one find it?  A link would help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 03:38:35 PM »

You suggest that we visit your forum, but how can one find it?  A link would help.
Last line in all my Posts! (tag line) ;)

If you click on that link and look to the left it states Incompatible wit UNKNOWN AIR 910.

I guess I would have seen that had I been using my airpad! B:(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:46:07 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bURrITo

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »

You suggest that we visit your forum, but how can one find it?  A link would help.
Last line in all my Posts! (tag line) ;)
lol i didn't see it either! even after you posted this i was like "General Forum Etiquette" ? I see it now though. -:)

Edited by Tuicemen to fix quote(readability)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:24:39 PM by Tuicemen »
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.