Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Android Market Missing  (Read 24575 times)

will6103

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Android Market Missing
« on: October 16, 2011, 12:10:07 AM »

I just received my Airpad today. The instructions say I should have the android market already installed but all I can locate is the APK installer. I tried to installed the market from my micro SD and it will ask me to create/add my google account but when I select yes it just crashes back to the desktop. Am I missing something or is not installed in the new batch of Airpads?

SuperC142

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Android Market Missing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »

I think it should be there for you (I just received my replacement AirPad a few days ago so I assume we would have the same things).  Are you looking under "M" (for "Market") rather than "A" for "Android Market"?

Regardless, the first thing I would try is to add my Google account outside of the Market (please forgive me if you already know this stuff- I just wrote this assuming you're new to Android).  To do this, from the home screen, click the menu button -> Settings -> Accounts & sync -> add account.  For this to work, however, the date and time must be accurate.  I mention this because several people (including myself) have experienced a lot of problems regarding the date/time.  You can set the date and time under menu -> Settings -> Date & time.  Then you can "Set date", "Select time zone", and "Set time" (in that order).

Once you verify the date and time is right, add your Google account, and then verified that the Market isn't listed in the app drawer under "M", perhaps what you're trying to do will work?

Hope this helps!   :)

will6103

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »

I have tried to correct the time and tried to add my google account. When I go into accounts and try to add my account it only says add an exchange account. I do not see an option there to add a google account.

SuperC142

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »

hmm.. wacky.  I suppose one option would be to do a complete factory reset.  Not sure how receptive you'd be to that idea though.  But that's what I'd do, I think.

will6103

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion but that was one of the first things I did but still no go. I can add the market but my next problem is adding my google account. When I go into accounts and tap on add account it takes me right to add an exchange account.........??????? I was able to add my google account to the email client with no problems but it doesn't let me do it anywhere else.

will6103

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 02:24:26 PM »

I called technical support and they say the Android Market is not suppose to be installed on the airpads. They also said there manual is old and outdated because it says you should have access to the Market. They now tell me you can only use the Amazon app store.........wtf??????

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 02:48:15 PM »

Well I am new to all of this as this is my first Android OS device.  All I did was set up my GMAIL account   and then with AirPad connected by WiFi I went to the Apps Store (Goggle) on my computer  selected an App I wanted  clicked on Install and it installed. I have installed about 12 Apps over the last three week like this and only had two which I had to Install twice as they did not show up on the AP the first time.

I find it easier to browse the Apps store on my computer than the AP and thus my reason for using this aproach.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:23:34 PM by everydayflyer »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »

There is an AirPad Manual in the X10 manuals area.
It has a file date if 10/17/2011.
They may have put a later revision on line today.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:19:24 PM by Brian H »

SuperC142

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »

I notice that, as of right now, there's no manual for the AirPad on this page: http://www.x10.com/support/support_manuals.htm

Are they're blocking the market/google accounts now?  That would absolutely make it a no-go in my book; I hope that's not the case!  Why oh why would they do that?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »

Sorry for the problem.
I was looking in the X10 FTP sites manuals area and it may not be on the X10 manuals pages of support.
I found the link in the Tablet section of the wiki.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Tablet
http://www.x10.com/support/airpad-om.pdf
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 04:28:49 PM by Brian H »

will6103

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 04:49:21 PM »

They did just change the manual that was online. The one that is currently there was not there this morning or last week. It looks like I will most likely be sending mine back if I can not have the android market. That is the whole reason why I waited for this tablet and I didn't choose another one.

everydayflyer

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »

They did indeed change the section of the maual on downloading Apps from the Adroid Market to Amazon ,who knows what is going on? My Android Market still works as I described above as I just  downloaded one to be  to  sure.

I read a post a week or so ago where someone was complaining that the Droid Market being installed was preventing him from downloading Apps from Amazon which he had paid for in the past. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:17:35 PM by everydayflyer »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 06:23:13 PM »

Thank you for the confirmation on the changes.
I lost the older copy I had archived by not moving it to my X10 folder from where I put all new files from downloading.  ???

will6103

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 06:25:44 PM »

Well I guess I am going to be sending this back. It defeats the purpose to sell an android device without the android market.....IMHO...but that might just be me. I think it was a bad move to not include it. Apps in the Amazon app store are usually always several versions behind the same apps in the market.

everydayflyer

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:49 PM »

I checked my latest email Splash Ad for the AirPad and noticed it also references the Amazon Apps market now. I guess the real question is why the change when the AP has only been available in somewhat limited quanities for only a little over a month now? Perhaps they are trying to go head to head with the Fire or perhaps they had a marketing agrement with Goggle and Amazon made they a better offer.

Would be nice for X-10 to clear this issue up but my guess is that is not very likely to happen. Now I wonder if the new update they are working on is to in part remove the Goggle Apps Market from the AP?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.