Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home Pro will not turn lights on or off with timer or macro  (Read 7840 times)

Ritz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi everyone
Looking for some help with Timers and Macros.  I am able to turn on and off lights with switches in the program but software will not turn on or off with timed or macro events.  I am running windows XP and using Lamp modules LM465 and Appliance Module AM466.  The modules work fine with my Maxi Controller SC 503.  The modules are about 8 Years old and I have changed Activehome Pro to older modules not softstart.  Any help would be appreciated.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Active Home Pro will not turn lights on or off with timer or macro
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 08:46:58 PM »

Which interface are you using (CM15A or CM19A)?
What version of the AHP software are you using?
Do the macros run if you click on them in the interface?
Do you have the "Transceived House Codes" set to the correct House codes for your modules?
What does the Activity Monitor show at the time the timers and macros are supposed to be running?
Have you made sure that the time and location are correct in the Hardware configuration?
Have you made sure that the time and time zone are correct in Windows?
Are you downloading the macros and timers to the interface?

Ritz

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »

Which interface are you using (CM15A or CM19A)?    CM15A
What version of the AHP software are you using?      3.318
Do the macros run if you click on them in the interface? NO
Do you have the "Transceived House Codes" set to the correct House codes for your modules?  Yes
What does the Activity Monitor show at the time the timers and macros are supposed to be running?  Transmit on Transmit off
Have you made sure that the time and location are correct in the Hardware configuration?  Yes
Have you made sure that the time and time zone are correct in Windows? Yes
Are you downloading the macros and timers to the interface? Yes

Using the AHP Into Wizzard Timmer and Macro events will not run the action is being sent but module not activated.
Wirless Transeiver Powehouse Model HR12A Flashes USB but will not activate Module to turn on or off light
Timed events in into wizzard will nt run nor the Macro test will not run.

Thanks

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 11:31:05 AM »

Ok, I want to make sure I understand the symptoms correctly:

1. From within the AHP interface, you CAN click on the "on/off" switches and turn the modules on and off (and they ACTUALLY WORK when you do this). This works correctly EVERY TIME.

2. Timers created on those same modules appear to be trying to work (the Activity Monitor shows the on/off activity at the correct times), but the lights themselves don't actually respond.

3. Macros created in the interface do not work at all (wither by running them manually by clicking on the buttons in the interface, OR by triggering them with the HR12A. Nothing shows up in the Activity Monitor at all when trying to run these macros.

Are these timers/macros set to "Store in Interface" (this is a checkbox in Timers, and a radio button in Macros)?
What do you see in the Activity Monitor when you turn the lights on and off with the Maxi Controller?
What do you see in the Activity Monitor when you try to turn the lights on and off with the HR12A?

There have been known issues with using the Intro Wizard.
Try creating a new blank AHX file, and re-creating the modules/timers/macros from scratch. Try a few simple timers/macros first.

Make sure to clear out the "trash" in AHP, and save and download the file to CM15A

lynden

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »

I am having this same issue.  I am using an older X10 wall switch, however it is listed as a choice in the Pro switches category.  I can power the switch on and off but the macro to turn it on and off at the stated time isn't working.   

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 09:48:35 AM »

If you have older wall switches that are not soft start and a later version of AHP.
Use the Old Lamps (No Soft Start ) modules tab to define them.
I believe the Pro and Lamp Tabs are now for soft start modules and switches.

Ritz

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 04:53:27 PM »

Noam
1.  I can click on and off the switches within the AHP interface and lights come on and go off with switch same function with Macros no problems.
2.  All wireless functions from my HR12a, Max Controller SC503 and remote control KR19A will turn on or off the lights with no problem via the Transceiver Module RR501.
3.  Watching the Active monitor no activity is being completed with the time specified to turn on or off either the timer and or macro.
4.  The active monitor shows the activity for all the activity from the wireless controllers when they are used to turn lights on or off.
5.  There just seems to be a problem with getting the AHP to send the signals.

Ritz

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 05:05:19 PM »

Did you upload your .ahx file to the CM15A?  If you can click on a module and turn on a module in AHP, but timers don't turn on lights at the set times, it means you didn't upload.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Ritz

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »

NOAM
All is working.  The problem appears to me not waiting long enough for the action.  There is a delay of about 40 seconds from the time that is set and the action to turn on or off the lights.  Thanks for all the help.
Cheers

Ritz

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 09:22:41 PM »

NOAM
All is working.  The problem appears to me not waiting long enough for the action.  There is a delay of about 40 seconds from the time that is set and the action to turn on or off the lights.  Thanks for all the help.
Cheers

Ritz
The delay is actually based on the time that the download to the CM15A completes. If it finishes earlier in the minute, then the timers will run closer to the beginning of the minute. If the download finishes toward the end of the minute, the timers will run toward the end of the minute, or possibly at the beginning of the next minute.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »

X10 is not "instant on".   Timers can run in the 60 seconds of the actual minute of the timer.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

joewmis

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 11:21:24 PM »

I am having a very similar problem.  I have a Hawkeye motion sensor set to A4, and a macro that turns a light (A2) on for 60 seconds, then turns it off - a very simple macro.  The macro works ok when you press the Run Macro button.  The light itself turns on and off with the PalmPad.  When the motion sensor sends an ON signal to the macro, the macro appears to work, and the A2 lamp is switched on and off - BUT THE LIGHT DOES NOT GO ON AND OFF.

I am running Windows XP pro, with a CM15a and version 3.228 of Active Home.  Everything is set to download to the interface, and has.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »

1. The macro works ok when you press the Run Macro button. 
2. The light itself turns on and off with the PalmPad. 
#1 does the light actually work, or are you just watching the macro execute on AHP?
#2 do you have any other transceivers in the home besides the CM15A (i.e. TM751 or RR501) that could be picking up the signal from the Palm Pad?

In other words, could you have a noise source between the CM15A and the A2 module? Also is the A2 module configured correctly in AHP as either a Soft Start module or a non soft start module?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.