Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ur74 universal remote,the 4 battery device  (Read 7042 times)

DWOLF

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
ur74 universal remote,the 4 battery device
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »

i've had this remote for sometime,untill today,i had never been able to get it to work with anything.it now works my vcrs but i really need it working magnavox tv,i tried every code,so far all it will do is turn tv off but it comes right back on,wont stay off or it tv off,remote will turn tv on but tv turns its self right back off,anyone ever heard of this?i've never seen anything like it.cant get it to do anything with my fisher home stereo.all the sudden,it no longer responds to the universal remote i've used with it for yrs.remote has new batterys,it still works other electronics its programd to.can a device suddenly stop responding to a remote thats operated it for yrs. nothing has ben damaged,moved,worked on,nothing,just suddenly it will not respond to the remote,not even the vol. which works as a master,controlling vol. on all devices accept my fisher stero now.any ideas? >*<

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: ur74 universal remote,the 4 battery device
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 12:09:06 PM »

Some devices use the same IR code for off/on - merely reversing the state with each code. For the TV try a very quick tap/release of the button on the remote.

My grandson has my 30 year old Fisher receiver and remote so I cannot test anything but Fisher uses NEC codes. If that's an option, try it.

Also, which mode buttons (e.g. AUX) are you using to select IR for the TV? Stereo?
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: ur74 universal remote,the 4 battery device
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »

i've had this remote for sometime,untill today,i had never been able to get it to work with anything.it now works my vcrs but i really need it working magnavox tv,i tried every code,so far all it will do is turn tv off but it comes right back on,wont stay off or it tv off,remote will turn tv on but tv turns its self right back off,anyone ever heard of this?i've never seen anything like it.cant get it to do anything with my fisher home stereo.all the sudden,it no longer responds to the universal remote i've used with it for yrs.remote has new batterys,it still works other electronics its programd to.can a device suddenly stop responding to a remote thats operated it for yrs. nothing has ben damaged,moved,worked on,nothing,just suddenly it will not respond to the remote,not even the vol. which works as a master,controlling vol. on all devices accept my fisher stero now.any ideas? >*<
have you tried controlling the TV with the original TV remote, or a different universal remote?
The behavior you described (TV goes immediately on right after being turned off) is something I've never heard of before.
Do you have an IR repeater anywhere? it sounds like perhaps something else is jamming the Ir port on the TV. It might be a TV problem, and not a remote problem at all.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.