Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UM506 / PUM01  (Read 6476 times)

Gismo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
UM506 / PUM01
« on: November 08, 2011, 03:46:21 PM »

I am interested in getting the Wireless Security System is for the auto dialer.  I installed a hard wired Radio Shack Safe House burglar alarm 25 years (cat # 49-450A) and yes it still works with no problems.  Recently I was looking at the manual for the system and notice that it could talk to x10 modules if I had a Radio Shack Plug n Power Interface.  Then I noticed that that interface looked exactly like the x10 Universal Module UM506.  So I was thinking that I could wire the UM506 / PUM01 to my hardwired system and it would turn on my x10 controlled lights. 
My other question is......if I connect the  UM506 / PUM01   could it communite to the x10 Voice Dialer Console (PS561)to make a call when my alarm triggers the UM506 / PUM01    ??

thanks

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: UM506 / PUM01
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »

I am interested in getting the Wireless Security System is for the auto dialer.  I installed a hard wired Radio Shack Safe House burglar alarm 25 years (cat # 49-450A) and yes it still works with no problems.  Recently I was looking at the manual for the system and notice that it could talk to x10 modules if I had a Radio Shack Plug n Power Interface.  Then I noticed that that interface looked exactly like the x10 Universal Module UM506.  So I was thinking that I could wire the UM506 / PUM01 to my hardwired system and it would turn on my x10 controlled lights. 
My other question is......if I connect the  UM506 / PUM01   could it communite to the x10 Voice Dialer Console (PS561)to make a call when my alarm triggers the UM506 / PUM01    ??

thanks
Did it look like the UM506 Universal Module, or the PowerFlash PF284?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Gismo

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 04:18:45 PM »

They kinda look the same but i believe I would need the PowerFlash PF284.  The Radio Shack Safe House burglar alarm called for the Radio Shackn Plug n Power Buglar Alarm Interface.  Thats what the  PowerFlash PF284 seems to be.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:42:29 PM »

They kinda look the same but i believe I would need the PowerFlash PF284.  The Radio Shack Safe House burglar alarm called for the Radio Shackn Plug n Power Buglar Alarm Interface.  Thats what the  PowerFlash PF284 seems to be.
The PowerFlash makes more sense to me, since it can take an INPUT (and send an X10 PLC signal based on that trigger), while the Universal Module only has an OUTPUT (that can be used to trigger a low voltage or dry contact closure).

Gismo

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »

Yes, the PowerFlash can be wired to my alarm and it should flash lights, but does any know if it can trigger the Voice Dialer Console (PS561) to make calls?  That bould be a great addition to my Wired alarm system.

thanks again all

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 08:05:52 PM »

Yes, the PowerFlash can be wired to my alarm and it should flash lights, but does any know if it can trigger the Voice Dialer Console (PS561) to make calls?  That bould be a great addition to my Wired alarm system.

thanks again all
No. At least not directly.   

The PF or BAI can only send a House Code - Unit Code ON when it gets a closure across the input terminals. An OFF when it gets an "open". It can get set to flash the HC also.

Your Radio Shark alarm must provide a closure for the Power Flash (Burgler Alarm Interface), so why not use that closuer to trigger the dialer?  You could use a double throw relay to change the closure from the alarm system to an "open" fed to one of the dialers remote sensors.

OR use an Appliance Module set to same HCUC as the Power Flash and the Appliance Module would trigger a DPDT or SPDT relay to trigger the dialer remote sensor.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:20:56 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.