Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Airsight Camera??  (Read 44943 times)

fubaya

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Airsight Camera??
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 11:59:29 AM »

I have a Foscam outside under the eave. It's been there since temperatures got above freezing in the early spring and still works. It has gotten splashed by heavy rains but not drenched. When conditions are right, it gets fogged up and I have to point it where it will get a lot of sun for a day or two to clear it out and I've heard that they will stop pan/tilting when temperatures reach freezing. The outside of the camera also feels sticky, like the paint is wearing off or something from being out in the heat.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 10:58:16 PM »

I have a Foscam outside under the eave. It's been there since temperatures got above freezing in the early spring and still works. It has gotten splashed by heavy rains but not drenched. When conditions are right, it gets fogged up and I have to point it where it will get a lot of sun for a day or two to clear it out and I've heard that they will stop pan/tilting when temperatures reach freezing. The outside of the camera also feels sticky, like the paint is wearing off or something from being out in the heat.

Hi thanks what about putting it in one of those domes like the x10 Vanguard cam has that could protect it from the elements, snow rain wind ect.

Tom j.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 06:31:55 AM »

Hi thanks what about putting it in one of those domes like the x10 Vanguard cam has that could protect it from the elements, snow rain wind ect.

I once saw a solution where the person enclosed the camera (I don't remember what brand/model) in a large Rubbermaid (or similar) container to protect it from the elements.

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »

I once saw a solution where the person enclosed the camera (I don't remember what brand/model) in a large Rubbermaid (or similar) container to protect it from the elements.

That would work, but I'd still worry about condensation.  You could put a hole in the top of the container with a flap over it to let moisture out, and also keep the rain out.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 12:59:20 PM »

That would work, but I'd still worry about condensation.  You could put a hole in the top of the container with a flap over it to let moisture out, and also keep the rain out.

Why not just toss in a few of those dessicant gel packs (or if you can't find any - a pile of uncooked rice)? That should absorb any moisture in the container, which would (presumably) be sealed to prevent any additional moisture from getting in.

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »

One gotcha I found doing this, the IRs will reflect back from glass or clear plastic placed in front of them.  Looks like a permanent camera flash on the camera.  Works fine if the IRs are off, but that takes away your night vision.  So what I ended up doing was enclosing all sides except the camera side and placing under an eve.   I haven't tested it in severe conditions, just California weather and it seems to be working fine.......

kente

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 08:37:05 AM »

I have this camera and find it very impressive for the price!
However, I can't seem to get to it from the outside world.
I enabled port forwarding in my router, linksys wrt54gs, and I attempted to connect using its current ip and using the ddns server that the manufacturer provides, cipcam.com.
I'm on Comcast cable system.
Does anyone else have this problem or any ideas?

Thanks

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »

Have you tried going on the camera from another web address?  In other words try from your laptop on a neighbor's router.  For some reason sometimes access is blocked from your router (via the internet).

kente

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:25 AM »

Yes, I've tried connecting with my netbook and from another location, my office.

hjr007

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »

I have set mine up outside under the eves.  As Iam usinging wireless I have put tape over the rj45 connection...
I still need to checkout the mic and speaker..  The only issue I have is when the camera is pointed straight the pic is fine but
when \i pan the pic to left or right  the pic is not staight.

Someone tell me how to attach a pic and I will post u what I mean

hjr007

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »

has anyone tired to save the video?

I have tried it tells it where it is going (pop up)to but no file name when I shut off the recording...

hefmarkie

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 08:36:21 PM »

guess im green as green can be.....anyone want to help this newbie .... cam set up and connected ... can view now on to connecting to wireless network and remote view..... helppppp

sshow62

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »

Tom

This camera looks just like the Foscam.

http://foscam.us/products/foscam-fi8918w-wireless-ip-camera-11.html

I have one of these and really like it.  I use an app for the iphone that works well and you can type the ip in the address bar of the web browser to get a picture also.

Stefania

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 05:57:21 AM »

Hello to the forum maintainers and all the members.
Glad to be part of it.

I got 3 Airsight/Foscam clone with no brand.
I bought them in China more than 18 months ago.
They work properly and have some advanced features incredible for the price proposed (I paid them 60 USD but it was a wholesale wide purchase).

The problem of the units I have is the software.
It is native for win xp and there's no ActiveX signature for the web engine interface (so you have to accept unsigned ActiveX with no publishers and keep your finger crossed about the honesty of the coders).

I'm also trying to make them work with webcam XP (www.webcamxp.com) to use them as if they were connected as a USB device.
The Foscam drivers of webcamxp partially work (no way to pan and tilt the camera with the software panel).
A little bit better results with "Shenzen" Mjpeg drivers….

If someone has been able to make this camera work properly with webcamxp, I would be very grateful to read which driver has been used to get that goal.

Thank you in advance

Stefania >! 

Cathie

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:08 AM »

Anyone with the AirSight able to answer some of my questions? I want to double check some information - most importantly - are you able to use the 2 way audio from an iPhone?? Sales says yes, but I need to double check before ordering!! Also have some other questions here: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25874.0

Thanks in advance!!
Cathie
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.