Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wireless, Ethernet, and App problems. Please Help!  (Read 6593 times)

Chris_DiNozzo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless, Ethernet, and App problems. Please Help!
« on: January 14, 2012, 12:07:40 AM »

I got a brand new X10 Airpad X on Christmas. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to computers. It took me over six hours to get the wireless to work, and even longer for just ethernet! This was an INCREDIBLY frustrating endeavor. I've had a black screen of death for no reason. I've had to completely restart/reset the entire device several times. Now finally, it sees the wireless and ethernet, but unless I'm within 5 feet of my wireless, nothing works. And even when it's at maximum, a lot of things will not work / connect. 90% of the games i downloaded from the Amazon App Store do NOT work. I've bought 3 games that haven't worked, and a plethora of free games that don't work. They either start up and then just crash, or are buggy, or just freeze. I have no idea why any of this is like this, and I would desperately like some help. I've become so frustrated at this device in which nothing seems to work, and I have no idea what to do about it.

In short: Apps and Games don't work / just crash. Wireless and Ethernet don't work unless within maximum range, and even at that, do not provide me a connection to everything. It's as if it came installed with a virus.

Please Help!

Chris_DiNozzo

Re: Wireless, Ethernet, and App problems. Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:17:48 AM »

Just to explain some more specifics:
I can have 3/4 wireless connection, yet I cannot connect to the App Store, or any of the apps or games that require a connection.
I was waiting for something to download, and the screen went black. I couldn't turn the Airpad X on, or off, or see anything on the screen, or do anything. Had to wait for it to die.
Almost every single game will NOT WORK for no reason. Especially frustrating when games I bought don't work.
Gets really laggy at times.
Cannot follow simple links.
GoStore does not work.
With all the specs it has, does not seem to live up to the promised speed or performance at all.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:21:03 AM by Chris_DiNozzo »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »

With all those problems, maybe you just have a bad one. Did you call X10?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

moore_tr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »

Wow - you've had your issues with that one.  I have had no big problems that I didn't introduce myself  B:(  It may be your ROM was corrupted somehow - try reloading the factory ROM, and see if that fixes your issues - you can get it here:  http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm
This will download a zip file - unzip it, and you'll have a zt-update directory.  Move that directory and its contents to your SD card top level directory.  Power down your airpad x - all the way down, not sleep mode - press and hold the power button, and it should prompt you for power down.  Once it's down, press and hold the camera button, then press and hold the power button - once the screen lights up, you can let them both go.  you will get prompted with something like "camera button pressed - camera button continue, otherwise cancel" - press the camera button again, and it should load up the factory ROM.  Once it's finished, test to see if you have the same issues - if not, you're golden - otherwise, call X10 for a RMA and get it replaced.  You have a 90 day warranty, by default.
User of X10 products for 20 years. 31 years of computer experience from mainframes down to PCs and tablets.  Current user of X10 Airpad X running ICS 4.0.3 @ 900MHz.

libertibelle

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

well Chris your doing better then me.I think these were sitting on shelves and the new ones came out and we got them on a fire sale. they should have updated them before shipping IMO.

I called with same issues no wireless no ethernet etc etc.. they gave me the link above for flashing it. I ordered a card from amazon and now no support on the weekends?

I feel like I am
 >*<
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:46:47 PM by libertibelle »

scooter

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 01:27:24 AM »

I've downloaded a lot of apps to my computer, and then to my X10. Many apps run, many don't. I had 3 copies of the same game downloaded, yet only 1 ran. It takes a lot of searching to find the compatible apps, but well worth it. The Airpad ( with a 32 G miniSD ) is a great tablet. I'm still having wireless issues, tho.

libertibelle

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »

I figured it all out but it took ALOT of my time.
I flashed the pad but this is not where I would start

I was going crazy over the password thing so FINALLY I put my IP addy into browser and my connection stuff came up so I was able to call Centurylink when changing password did not seem an option and they told me I never entered a password that the box is secured by them and password is the key# under wireless security...yup that worked..it never said password denied it was authenticating then disabled it

before doing that that I had figured out where all the info was for my ethernet connection

Start>run>enter cmd>

then in black box enter> ipconfig

They really should include this info under trouble shooting in the book   >!

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »

AIRPAD X which is a re-brand of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91.  You can flash the firmware to the latest 2.3.4 version or experiment with the latest ICS beta and then  you will have the Google Apps including Market available to you.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 02:34:10 PM by cjhallx »
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

moore_tr

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 12:02:40 PM »

A friendly word of warning to all of us that feel the need to live on the bleeding edge of technology - If you DO decide to load up the latest and greatest ICS - there still exist some issues with the Google Market and certain apps - you can download FREE apps from Google Market, but when you try to purchase apps, they fail with an error message.  I have been participating in some user forums that are beta testing, and even the latest beta versions of ICS are still 4 kernel versions behind, and this particular issue may have been addressed, but as fast as these kernels are being developed, alpha and beta testing takes time, so unless you're willing to deal with some quirkiness and provide feedback on those quirks, you might want to stick with a stable release, like the factory one provided with your device as delivered.  You'll save yourself a great deal of frustration, and time.  The increased speed (I'm currently running at 900MHz), fixes to existing problems (like battery life and wifi signal strength) and new functionality were enough for me to jump on the bandwagon, but then again, I'm a coder, and have all the source code and tools to make my own builds.  So, I get what I deserve when I screw things up.   ;)  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:08:46 PM by moore_tr »
User of X10 products for 20 years. 31 years of computer experience from mainframes down to PCs and tablets.  Current user of X10 Airpad X running ICS 4.0.3 @ 900MHz.

libertibelle

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »

I know enough to be dangerous Moore. I have 2 websites I keep up thank goodness for code generaters. But when I buy something like this I don't expect to have to do  set up. Guess we are spoiled with plug n plays. Not sure I like a tablet and might regret not getting a notebook or another laptop

If eyesight is bad Cjhall why not magnify the page itself?

moore_tr

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »

Well, I understand, fully - a tablet *SHOULD* be a rock solid piece of technology that you don't have to think that much about to get off and running, but what's actually happening here is that the manufacturers of these android devices are in such a hurry to get them out on the market before anyone else does, they aren't quite as polished as they should be.  The hardware is solid and works fine, but the software isn't quite as mature as the hardware - that's one of the reasons I subscribe to opensource....bug fixes, updates, etc. by quorum gets done MUCH faster.  Unfortunately (for me and a few others) it can have a negative impact of things like sleep.  (yes, I'm that neurotic)   8)

bigbear639

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 01:48:59 PM »

My Wireless disconnects a few seconds after it connects it also does not allow using the Ethernet while wifi is on. Again a problem that is not duplicated in the 7" model. I use a dongle adapter for the Ethernet that cost $1.28 from crazy cart. Its a clear blue plastic and flashes when connected. No external power is required when in use. It is just a bit larger than a thumb drive. It required no set up other than to enable it from the settings. Check amazon.com USB to LAN Rj45 Ethernet 10/100 Network Card Adapter

hessville

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 05:17:37 PM »

I'm having problems getting the ethernet to work(no wifi at work).I got the usb/ethernet adapter hooked up, then I'm lost from there!
I turned off the wifi, then went to ethernet settings. What do I do next?

Thanks

gjf

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »

I have the AirpadX with Zenithink 2.3.4
All I do is connect dongle, turn off wifi, turn on ethernet and the usual network icon shows up where the wifi icon was on top.

GJF

libertibelle

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »

Ethernet Settings need to come from a computer in office Start button

Start>run>enter cmd>

then in black box enter> ipconfig

all info you need is in black box

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.