Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TF Card Slot?  (Read 26930 times)

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
TF Card Slot?
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:39:39 AM »

I think there is a typo on the page for the AirPad 7p :-[. It says for the list of features on the end of the tablet where the USB Port is near the corner next to the Audio Out port it says it has a TF Card Slot, my guess is that it should have said CF Card Slot am I right or is there such a thing as a TF Card Slot?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:41:54 AM by daldude »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: TF Card Slot?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:28:14 AM »

GOOGLE is your friend. Its' the micro version of an SD card.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

charleylol

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 01:01:21 PM »

Here is a URL leading to information about the "TF" card.
cw

http://www.memoryx.net/transflash.html

diller3

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 11:47:33 AM »

Cool,
I learn something every day on these forums. Thanks

charleylol

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 07:59:36 PM »

I think there is a typo on the page for the AirPad 7p :-[. It says for the list of features on the end of the tablet where the USB Port is near the corner next to the Audio Out port it says it has a TF Card Slot, my guess is that it should have said CF Card Slot am I right or is there such a thing as a TF Card Slot?

ANSWER:
The microSD format was originally called T-Flash, and then TransFlash, before being renamed microSD when adopted by the SD Card Association (SDA). At 15 mm x 11 mm x 1.0 mm it is currently the smallest memory card format available. It is about one quarter of the size of a standard SD card but can be inserted into an adapter which allows the card to be used in devices with an SD card slot. TransFlash and microSD cards are essentially the same, and each can be used in devices made for the other type. There is one exception, which is that unlike TransFlash, microSD devices have the capability to support NFC (Near Field Communication).

These are all the same:
1. TransFlash
2. TF
3. T-Flash
4. MicroSD
5. MicroSDHC
Thanks
cw

dd-b

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 04:10:06 PM »

You say "micro sd hc" is compatible with TF?  So I really can put a brand-new 32GB micro sd hc card into my original Airpad 7 and have it work? 

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »

Read the previous post PLEASE!!
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

dd-b

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 05:47:15 PM »

I did read the previous post, and I specifically referred to information from the previous post -- apparently you didn't read my post?  I was posting to ask for confirmation of one detail of what the previous post says; hence, your post is completely useless to me, and rather rude to boot.

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »

dd-b the answer is yes and I don't think cjhallx had any intention of being rude, please be aware that he and others help people on this forum all the time and we find that the info people seek is posted in the forum and some people do not read the posts.

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 08:03:43 PM »

H,

Thank you.
If I got as picky as dd-b I would have said something when he rudely replied to my post trying to help him find out the manufacturer of the MID he just picked up.  Not even a thank you.
Must be the heat. It too shall pass.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:32:11 PM by cjhallx »
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

dd-b

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 10:27:01 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation!  People frequently post lists of things without fully considering the validity of every case represented by the list, and I wanted to confirm 32GB was going to fly.  I greatly appreciate the confirmation.

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 01:36:20 PM »

dd-b
be aware that some cards will not show up as the capacity you think it should because of formating

H

dd-b

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 03:44:04 PM »

On the capacity -- you mean the "megabyte" vs. "mebibyte" thing?  (1000-based vs. 1024-based, or decimal-based vs. binary-based)?  That I'm entirely used to.  I use a lot of kinds of memory cards in cameras, sound recorders, PDAs, and other devices, and my expectations have been beaten into line with reality in that area. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.