Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: sc1200 attenna mod  (Read 25161 times)

Letterbox

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: sc1200 attenna mod
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 10:53:39 AM »

Thanks pseeker.  I just completed this mod.  Seems to be working well. #:)

AntneR

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 01:35:20 PM »

Mr. PSEEKER,

As far as the "type" or "gauge" of wire, what do you suggest? I have antenna wire from an unused loop(AM antenna) antenna from an old stereo reciever that I am not using. Will that suffice? Also, I plan on mounting the SC1200 in my hallway vertically on the wall. The wall backs up to a small closet where I will hook up the console for power and phone line. If I understand correctly, I am running the antenna wire up the wall and the ground wire down the wall to get the bast reception(while trying to form an "L" shape with each wire)? Let me know if that is correct? Thanks!

temkhabana

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 02:52:20 AM »

I have been an x-10 fan and customer since the company began in 1978. The older security system worked well for me over the years. The only issue was a lightning strike which took out a base unit. NOW the 1200 model is a different story! It is limited in range to make it useless for almost any average home. To purchase this and spend countless hours modifying it is beyond me.  I have been moving things around for the past two weeks on my new system to try to get it to work, and now I will be sending it back. Shame on X-10 for changing the door window sensors to such an inferior product. I had to use my old sensors just to get my system to work, and since I did not have enough older sensors, I had to hard wire more contacts in to multiple windows. I will just keep using my old system. Hopefully X-10 will take back the return for a non-working system.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 09:54:27 AM »

Did you purchase the SC1200 from X10 Wireless Technologies or the company that took over after X10WTI went out of business?
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.