Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Am I going insane or do I just have bad karma?  (Read 3493 times)

whatthe

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Am I going insane or do I just have bad karma?
« on: April 05, 2012, 02:18:55 PM »

B:(
Here's what I have; 1) HR12A PalmPad remote control  3) TM751 Transceivers  5) LM15A Socket rockets

The directions say; To set the unit code and house code from a HR12A wireless remote plug the controller into same outlet as the lamp. What controller? Obviously they don't mean the HR12A or the TM751s.
What is this controller?
I bought the PalmPad and Trancievers from one of those "fake" Radio Shacks and I don't think they know what they are selling.
What am I missing?

Thanks, whatthe

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Am I going insane or do I just have bad karma?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »

What is this controller?
I bought the PalmPad and Trancievers from one of those "fake" Radio Shacks and I don't think they know what they are selling.
What am I missing?

Thanks, whatthe
"To set the Unit Code and House Code from an MC460 Mini Controller, MT522/
MT10A Mini Timer, or RT504/HR12A wireless remote:"

The instructions reference three X10 devices that can "control" X10 modules.  The TM751 puts the PLC code on the powerline like one of the "plug in" controllers. Plug the lamp with the Socket Rocket in the same outlet as the TM751.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

whatthe

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 04:56:44 PM »

OK. I screwed in SR, screwed in bulb(incandecent 40w), pluged in lamp, pluged in TM751, pressed 1st position button(press one one thousand, press two one thousand, press three. Loud click from TM751 and light comes on. Press position one off button, loud click from TM751 and light goes off. Test on/off, on/off, on/off(click/click, click/click, click/click.) Ok seems to work. Unplug TM751 and move on to next lamp and outlet. SR, bulb, plug in TM751 and press 2nd position on button(press one one thousand etc. three times) nothin. Press 1st position one button and click the light comes on. First lamp does not come on.
I had the TM751 and lamp on same outlet. I also tried above with the lamp pluged directly into the TM751 socket. More or less the same thing. I don't think I am suppose to use my TM751s by changing the house code am I ie, A position 1 on/off, B position 1 on/off, etc. You can't expect me to sit there with a screw driver all day, I'm sure they would have put a dial on them then. I happen to be a trained electronics tech. This can't be this hard. I hate to keep bugging you but I have no recourse

PS I checked and the outlets have a good ground

whatthe

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 06:12:24 PM »

The TM751 can only do one House Code as set on its dial.
The Palm Pad also can do one House Code as set on its dial and all sixteen Unit Codes for that House Code with its buttons.

You should pick one House Code and a separate Unit Code for each LM15A you want to control.

Like B1 would control the TM751 as it is hard wired to Unit 1 and any other LM15A you programmed to B1.
All the rest of the Units Codes 2-16 can be used for the remaining LM15As.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=racj838jjj8n77pr5fulaib204&topic=19756.0
http://www.x10.com/support/tech_index.htm
http://www.homecontrol.co.nz/How%20X10%20Works.htm Some of the modules in this link are the European ones but X10 siganling is the same.
http://x10modules.com/shop/pages.php?page=500
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:33:25 PM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »

Well maybe you do have five bad Socket Rockets.
Put TM751 on House Code B. Put Palm Pad on House Code B. Plug TM751 in to an extension cord. Plug light with Socket Rocket and incandescent bulb in to same extension. Put slide switch on Palm Pad in "1-8" position. Push and release Palm Pad ON button three times quickly. Do not hold the Palm Pad button down, just push and release and do not plug Socket Rocket in to TM751.
The bulb should come on by third push of Palm Pad button. If it does, you have programmed that SR for House Code B, Unit Code 1. If the bulb does not come on, you're screwed.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

whatthe

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »

:)%
Success! Something weird. I set the TM751 and the PP to A and it would not work. I set both to L and it did not work. I set both to B and boom I went down the line and all 5 SRs work. Now that has to be bad Karma. I assume all my stuff is good and I did something wrong all those times but hey it works now and I am very happy with it. Believe me, you would not want my life.

Thanks to all of you for helping me with this. I know I'm a dumb s**t.

Whatthe

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 06:27:43 AM »

My thoughts are. The TM751 and HR12 where old as the Shack dropped X10 years ago. The dials may have been dirty and setting the House Code to a different one than the dials indicated. You rotated them enough times to make the correct connections.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.