Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Airpad XL Video Audio Out of Sync  (Read 10231 times)

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Airpad XL Video Audio Out of Sync
« on: April 17, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »

I just got my Refurbished Airpad XL and all videos have audio out of sync even the video files on the memory card. The out of sync audio gets worse if the video is paused and then resumed.
It has flash 11.0 and Android 2.3.4.
Tried a factory reset that did not fix the problem
Not a happy camper  B:(

The Nextbook Premium 7 I had never had this problem.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Airpad XL Video Audio Out of Sync
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 08:10:55 AM »

That is not a normal problem, nobody has reported anything like that before. It also does not sound like a hardware problem either. Perhaps the file that trying to view was encoded in an incompatible format or resolution. Try playing another file format and see what happens. If it still does not work, then try doing a factory reset again to ensure that it is not an app causing the problem and play the video using the stock app that is include with the unit.

Does this also happen when playing streaming video like Youtube?

daldude

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:20:58 AM »

I tried a factory reset several times and it does it on all the files I try to play that play just fine on my PC and played just fine on the Nextbook 7 inch Android 2.3.1 tablet I had before I replaced it with the XL.

Youtube videos had the same problem before I did a factory reset the first time and now after many factory resets Youtube videos don't play at all, it justs keeps showing the loading spinning dots thing and does that forever. I did un install flash once but after doing a factory reset flash was back. When I say Factory Reset I mean by going into settings and tapping privacy and then Factory Data Reset and then the white Reset device button and it goes through all that formatting and reinstalling with that little Android Robot.

dberk

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »

I, too, just received my refurbished XL and have noticed sync problems. I believe the video file I was trying to play was a xvid file I downloaded. I used the stock player. Daldude is correct when he points out that pausing and restarting increases the problem.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:56:49 AM »

I will look into this problem further.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »

dberk and daldude,

How much of a lag are you experiencing? Using a XL with Gingerbread, there is some slight lag, but it is barely noticeable. I played the same movie on a XL with ICS and there is no noticeable lag at all. ICS still has a few issues that will need to be fixed before it is released, but it should be available soon.

daldude,

If youtube is still not working for you, just download and reinstall the factory ROM, and your youtube problem should be fixed. Instructions are in the first post on the airpad forum.

daldude

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »

A substantial lag that is enough to be very annoying like watching a Japanese Godzilla Movie even a slight lag would annoy me, video should not have audio sync problems, never had it with analog broadcasts and digital is supposed to be the advanced state of the are superior technology and anyway I did Not have this problem on my Nextbook $130 7 inch Tablet that had a far better screen that was as bright and sharp as a IPAD and it was set at half brightness.

I installed ICS on it and the video lag is very slight and tolerable. I'm Not happy with this Tablet at all Not worth the 200 I paid for it. Should have kept the Nextbook or gotten the larger 8 or 9 inch Nextbook.

Other problems are many of my Apps won't run on it or lock up and I have to select Force Close because if I select Wait it will just get caught in a endless loop of asking me if I want to wait for the program to respond or force it closed.  :(  B:(

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:38 AM »

I am running the ployer ICS and have no problems with video or sound. some apps did act up at first but a reboot or two later and everything seems to be fine. I hope X10 is able to get the factory to put the hooks in for extern bluetooth for the official release though.

H

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 11:02:40 AM »

WOW - this is really bad!   Confirmed with (not ICS) 2.3.4 lip-sync on avi's is really out of whack!

It's more than just a little distracting.   All these files play fine on my PC and TV - and they are not that high of throughput - so they should be easy plays for any Video player.

Have tried --- Super HD player, and VLC / Vplayer Paid! and even the player with ES file --- all are out of sync by almost seconds and not frames ...

Pretty crappy for a player that totes - "External HDMI to play movies on your TV."

I work in TV - so I understand how this is supposed to work - and this ain't right.

Even turning buffering up dosn't help - even copying files locally doesn't help.

I don't have background apps running that should effect it - other than system and mail.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »

I installed ICS on it and the video lag is very slight and tolerable. I'm Not happy with this Tablet at all Not worth the 200 I paid for it. Should have kept the Nextbook or gotten the larger 8 or 9 inch Nextbook.

Other problems are many of my Apps won't run on it or lock up and I have to select Force Close because if I select Wait it will just get caught in a endless loop of asking me if I want to wait for the program to respond or force it closed.  :(  B:(

If you are having these problems with non-X10 ICS release, that software is not completely stable.

dberk

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »

A substantial lag that is enough to be very annoying like watching a Japanese Godzilla Movie 

Once again, I agree with daldude.
Regards,
Dberk

hairface

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 12:07:53 PM »

just for info:
I am running the ployer 4.0.3 ICS, the stock browser and flash 11.1 and can stream video from any of the online networks and do not see any lag and everything is in sync. netflix works fine (had some problems with the GB load) and mp3's play fine.

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 10:26:36 AM »

Going through and Killing ALL background apps - Still Doesn't Correct the Lypsync problem.  I have tried 3 video players, and a half dozen movies --- All have various degrees of "out of sync" on AVI files.
Non of the movies are HD - which will probably really throw this tablet for a loop.
they are low bit rate - which should be an easy play.

This really is unexcuseable -

hairface

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 12:34:48 PM »

the only changes to the ICS system i am running is that i fixed the key files, installed superuser apk and a terminal apk. i just streamed a movie from my dropbox and had no issues.

the apps should have nothing to do with it neither should the keyfiles. i have a good internet connection at home and an ok one here at my sisters and no sync issues.

H

Jimdi

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »

Just tried an MP4 and it was way out of lipsync too...  I am still on factory Gingerbread.

They KEEP promising ICS "in a few days" - - that was quite a while ago...

Was hoping just for the factory install of ICS since I am still under warranty.

B:(
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.