Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Airpad XL (Ployer MOMO15) Memory Upgrade  (Read 9968 times)

untouchable4206

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airpad XL (Ployer MOMO15) Memory Upgrade
« on: April 30, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »

I was on the ployer website and you can order the momo15 tablet with 1gb of ddr3 ram.  My old eken M001 tablet used removable  memory modules when I cracked it open to have a look.  Since the 1gb ddr3 sticks are only $8.95, I wonder if it would work on the xl tablets (momo15)?  X10 and eken order their tablets from ployer so maybe they still use the removable modules...

untouchable4206

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Airpad XL (Ployer MOMO15) Memory Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:20:57 PM »

ok I have done some looking and I'm ready to order some ram for my XL.  Anyone have any input on how to get the back cover off without damaging the tablet???  I'll be the first ginny pig and post pictures and video links if anyone can help.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »

Don't waste your time (or warranty), there are no memory slots in the tablet. If you need more storage, just add an SD card or USB memory.

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »

I am a little confused on memory...it shows sd card internal...a nd ...extern sd card..my card.   Is there an sd card inside u can upgrade?  Is there a way to move apps to the extern sd card?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »

The internal SD memory is not a removable card and it cannot be upgraded.

In order to move apps to the external card do this:
Select settings, applications, manage applications
Select the app that you want to move.
If the app can be moved (not all can be) then the "move to TF card" button will be active.
Press this button and the app will be moved.

Jimdi

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »

Ok i have done that with move app..i thought it was just moving it to the internal sd card...not to extern sd.  Why does the tf card only show 5 gig total/ avail when i have a 32 gig card......at bottom of screen when i move apps???????  Thanks
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:38:26 PM by Jimdi »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »

Ok i have done that with move app..i thought it was just moving it to the internal sd card...not to extern sd.  Why does the tf card only show 5 gig total/ avail when i have a 32 gig card......at bottom of screen when i move apps???????  Thanks

The tf card total memory should indicate 32 G if you have a 32 G card. If it does not, try another card to see it works properly. Are you using the stock X10 gingerbread OS or did you install ICS?

Jimdi

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 04:30:24 PM »

The tf card total memory should indicate 32 G if you have a 32 G card. If it does not, try another card to see it works properly. Are you using the stock X10 gingerbread OS or did you install ICS?

RD- I have purchased 2 (Yes two-- 32 gig micro SD cards)  a PNY Class 4 - 32 Gig - - AND a SanDisc-  I believe Class 10 - 32 gig -- both operate fine in the device but BOTH only show 5 gig total under TF Card in "move apps" (whether through the move app application - or through the method you described)  That is why I thought it was just moving them to the internal SD card.   
Also when I examine the card through file manager - I don't see the apps on the extern_sd card. 
the OS is still your stock Gingerbread - I haven't jumped to hacking in ICS - I keep following your advice and hoping you will post ICS someday soon... So WHY is the correct size of my cards not showing up??????????

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 05:42:24 PM »

I have the same. I installed 16G sandisk micro card but it shows only 5g. So what is going on here? I can not do any thing i.e what i want to do.

How can i get it to auto correct as i type?

Thanks.

IPS

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »

The 5gb that you see is the internal memory, not the external SD.  you need to use a file viewer that will let you see it. the device will show as extsd.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »

On my table when it was os 2.3 it showed up as extern_sd on ICS versions it shows up as extsd. 

Depending on the file manager - the extsd will or won't show the correct size... It didn't show up as the correct size on the file manager that came with the tablet/OS... but it did show up under system settings as the correct size.

How the "SD" cards are laid out in this table is weird and confusing... you can't move apps to the "truly" external sd card so what's the point?

It really becomes a place to backup apps - store movies and to store photos. . .

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 07:28:31 PM »

Here is a directory binding app that will shadow your internal storage so that you can put the data on your external SD and it will seem to still be onh your internal drive to your apps.  OR SO I HAVE BEEN TOLD.  Please do not ask me how it works, i found it on slatedroid.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=862197&d=1326918270

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410262
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:22:57 PM by cjhallx »
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 08:12:14 PM »

Where is the link?

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 06:36:29 AM »

Finally i saw the size of sd card. I went to external storage and pushed the already installed card as far it would go in and kept it there till the readings changed and then it showed 14.3g. On releasing pressure all reading went back to original like ext storage unavailable and insert card to mount etc.

Why should it give such readings when card is already installed? May be x10 or some one else can shed some light on this.

Jimdi

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 11:18:23 AM »

There is move to SD CARD NOT TF CARD.... size shown is that od SD CARD not TF CARD.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.