Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight H.264  (Read 2981 times)

jbchannell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight H.264
« on: June 04, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »

What battery and solar panel is needed to power an Airsight H.264 24/7 365 days.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Airsight H.264
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »

This will depend greatly on your location and how much sunlight you get on average a day.
In general (for NorthAmerican sites) you'll get less sun in winter months. This means you'll need a larger battery capacity for that time of year.
There are several solar web sites and or forums that can make recommendations based on power requirements needed and your location.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jbchannell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »

I live In Tennessee where there is an average of 200 days with sun. A solar farm was just installed near me so there is ample amout of sun. I understand the need to size the battery and solar panel based on location in the country but I have no means to do that. Thanks for your reply.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:18:14 PM »

I live In Tennessee where there is an average of 200 days with sun. A solar farm was just installed near me so there is ample amout of sun. I understand the need to size the battery and solar panel based on location in the country but I have no means to do that. Thanks for your reply.
The camera draws 7 watts. Armed with that I would take Tuicemans advice and find a solar power forum and ask there. My WAG would be a panel at least four to six times larger than the power draw, with a battery that would run the camera 24 hours before discharge which would be something on the order of 12 amp hour minimum. I have no experience with solar so may be shooting way high. A good reason to find a forum where knowledgable folks working with solar may save you a couple hundred bucks.

Also, the camera runs on five volts but your solar panel and battery output 12V. So you will need to build a 5V voltage regulator to reduce the battery output down to 5V DC. Some charge controllers have a 5V output.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.