Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX39A cannot find any wireless networks  (Read 3335 times)

rlefler4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XX39A cannot find any wireless networks
« on: June 14, 2012, 10:29:47 AM »

I've been trying to set up this camera for several days now. I've had several Foscam Cameras and I never had the problems I'm facing with this one. First I couldn't log in to set up. The password was suppose to be left blank per all the manuals I looked at. On my camera the user name and password were the same (admin). No how the hell are you suppose to figure that out when the instructions tell you otherwise.

Which brings me to my main problem. When I search for my wireless net work it doesn't come back with any network. I am broadcasting the SSID and every other device in my household can find my network and  a few of my neighbors. I can connect to the camera through Ethernet and even tried port forwarding it that way but it just lock up and I have to reset (which I've done about 8-10 times- Yes I held the reset button in for 30 seconds).

Has anyone else had a problem finding there Wireless Network? I'd appreciate some help otherwise this thing will go back as it'll do me no good what-so-ever.

Film35HD

Re: XX39A cannot find any wireless networks
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 12:49:59 PM »

Which brings me to my main problem. When I search for my wireless net work it doesn't come back with any network. I am broadcasting the SSID and every other device in my household can find my network and  a few of my neighbors. I can connect to the camera through Ethernet and even tried port forwarding it that way but it just lock up and I have to reset (which I've done about 8-10 times- Yes I held the reset button in for 30 seconds).

Has anyone else had a problem finding there Wireless Network? I'd appreciate some help otherwise this thing will go back as it'll do me no good what-so-ever.

Hello.  Let me try to assist here.

The admin password thing stumped me, too, but eventually like you I figured it out.

My original two cameras found all WiFi networks in my area quickly, but after the firmware update, it could find none.  Have some solace knowing you are not unique and that others are having this same issue.  Other users have called Tech Support and they were able to help.  I have not had time to do so, so for now my camera remains wired. 

turbomentor

Re: XX39A cannot find any wireless networks
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 09:40:47 PM »

I am new to IP cameras but not all that technically stupid.

I was not able to get my XX34A camera to connect to my WiFi network. When I went into my Router settings and turned off any and all encryption, my camera was able to then connect to the WiFi network. I am planning on calling Tech Support tomorrow. I don't like having an unencrypted network and there has GOT to be a way to get the camera to connect with encryption.

turbomentor

Re: XX39A cannot find any wireless networks RESOLVED
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »

So after a call to tech support, I finally got this issue resolved. The timing of events is crucial here...

Plugged the camera into router via CAT 5 cable. Plugged power in. Noted that the camera showed up in the IP Camera tool.
Logged in to the camera by typing the IP address into Internet Explorer.
Under networks, told the camera to scan for WiFi networks. Usually, you hit the "scan" button and it does, then finds nothing. At which time you scan AGAIN and it finds all the available networks. Select the SSID of your home network.
The camera fills in the appropriate info. you must then type in the password to your encrypted network. Clearly if you don't use any encryption, that step won't be required.
THIS IS THE CRUCIAL PART!!
Let the device reboot (30+ seconds). Wait until th status indicator on IE then shows the device again.
Now close all active windows (dunno why this is required).
Unplug the LAN cable.
Camera should reboot.
Now go back in to IP Camera Tool...you ~should~ at this point see the camera, which means it is not wirelessly connected to your WiFi network!
Now log back in to IE to the IP address and you can set the device up from there.

Best to change the port to something besided 80 if you use port forwarding.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.