Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lots of Random Activity In AHP Log  (Read 2850 times)

06M6TorridGTO

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Lots of Random Activity In AHP Log
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:56:37 AM »

I got a lot of random activity in my AHP log on saturday. I had plugged in my laptop that morning and was out for a good part of the day. When i came back, I had noticed a lot of activity from various house/unit codes, all at the exact same time. Let me rephrase that: 88 items sent at the same exact second and then one more a second later. I wish I had taken a screenshot but my log is now full from just yesterday because of that darn motion sensor CONSTANTLY picking up motion every minute or two (I had to shut the switch on the WS467 that was being controlled by it). There are 998 lines in the log from between 5:25 am and 7:51 pm (when I disconnected the computer) on Sunday (7/1), with all but I think one being from A9 which is the motion sensor (if some flags determining time are set, it runs a macro that turns on A10 which is the WS467).

But back to the other random issue, I know that the CM15A isn't just picking up codes from somewhere else because they are all random codes. Many of them are on the M house code. For me, all 16 of those unit codes control macros on the computer only. There are actually 32 macros, on and off for each unit and just execute windows functions, which thankfully dont execute properly in AHP unless I do something else when i start up AHP (thats another issue ive had). The rest of the codes were random house/unit codes, some that were the same as mine and some that weren't. I just cant figure out what would make it do that all at the same exact second. They also all said receive. None were transmit or receive RF or macro. Some were combined units on one line, like A ON (..., ..., ...). Any idea whats going on? AHP issue? CM15A issue? This isn't the first time I have seen this either. It also used to do this on the HTPC upstairs when I had the CM15A plugged in near it and connected to the PC. I would look at the logs and see all this random stuff. At first I thought it was a neighbor screwing with me or just executing a lot of stuff but I had never noticed anything small beforehand and the sheer amount of codes being received at the same second in time just didnt seem like it was actually receiving those codes. This weekend, the box was plugged in near the front door and I had plugged in the laptop to log activity and see what is showed, first for curiosity, second to see what the motion sensor was doing, and third because I had the random code issues from the HTPC in the back of my mind). Sure enough, it happened again. I'm just so confused at all this stuff. It should be so simple to control your home these days! lol

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Lots of Random Activity In AHP Log
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »

Did the log indicate it was an RF Received or a power line received?
Are you using the latest AHP 3.318?
Do you have any plug ins?
Do you have a Smart Meter from the power company?

06M6TorridGTO

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »

the log just said receive. nothing else so I assume that is power line received. Yes, I checked and I have 3.318. I do have plug-ins. I have OnAlert, SmartMacros, MyGarage, and ActivePhone PRO. As for a Smart Meter, I have no idea. What is that?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 03:41:31 PM »

Smart Meter is the electric meter from the power company.
It can send all kinds of data back to the electric company.

06M6TorridGTO

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 04:06:35 PM »

I'd have to check on it. I don't think so but I really wouldn't know. Not my house lol I can look to see. Anything that would give it away? Will it say SmartMeter on the actual kWh meter?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »

There are a few threads here on Smart Meters and how they sometimes effect X10.
One is this one.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=26056.0

06M6TorridGTO

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »

I'll have to look on the side of the house later but my dad doesn't think there is a smart meter. I'm gonna have to log it some more. I use my laptop for work every day so I cant log it during the week (until I get a dedicated work computer, maybe in the next day or two). I really wanna get some form of wireless USB device to attach right onto the CM15A and then plug the other part into the HTPC upstairs. Then it is always connected tot he computer no matter where in the house I put the CM15A.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.