Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Doorbell Cam for IP  (Read 18657 times)

sparkydog9338041@aol.com

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Doorbell Cam for IP
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »

doorbell cam, motion activated, picture taken, rings the bell, another snapshot... And for the camaras, motion activated, and follows the motion... your not that far from it

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Doorbell Cam for IP
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »

-:)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:09:31 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

luke03

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:35:12 AM »

doorbell cam, motion activated, picture taken, rings the bell, another snapshot... And for the camaras, motion activated, and follows the motion... your not that far from it
I would pay $100 if the camera can take a clear picture. I am trying to get a new camera to install in front of our house, with pan, tilt, two way audio and wifi, the cost is about $100.  But installation is challenge, since I have to run power lines. If the doorbell cam does not require separate power, I don't mind losing the pan and tilt requirement.

mikeeps2

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 11:22:21 PM »

my doorbell system is with red button and camera ip , see the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whg4iE7mVxI

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 07:12:58 PM »

my doorbell system is with red button and camera ip , see the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whg4iE7mVxI

I like that! I've experimented and tried various methods for a few years now. Any good image [and yours is excellent] that is also automatic... is always the best. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

mikeeps2

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 02:43:57 AM »

hi , thanks HA dave

i use the red button , then send the RF signal to X10 PRO PAT01 , and then to my pc , my software i add a little script what when touch the red button , call the camera ip and the door bell sound ,and i have connect my pc to my led samsung tv  what i have in my living room , and now add another little script what when touch the red button , change the tv input HDMI  to PC , and i can see  the camera door in my samsung tv too  then 10 sec , come back  to HDMI and continue washing tv

then let me do it another video for you see the samsung tv with camera ip

let me show my all system , see this another video , no is perfect , but i have one years working with that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6X2mz0GYAE

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6X2mz0GYAE

VERY nice. Is that a android tablet? How is it connected (wifi, USB).... and what is it connected to (Cm15A, Home Automation PC, CM19A?).

mikeeps2

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »

no , no , that is regular pc , with windows xp , i make the skin similar to tablet android , and i use CM15A , i dont use any x10 software , two good friends make for me the thermostat and x10 plugin for i can use with my software and my skin.... all those app are for windows xp but dont work alone with win xp , need the  software principal  what i use , i need fix little bugs but no is too much , as I do not much or no programming, have to wait for my friends to have time

now i like it add to my project the x10 alarm , but i dont know how work x10 alarm , my idea is add to my software via plugin the x10 alarm , but dont know if the alarm device have comunication with the CM15A
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:27:52 PM by mikeeps2 »

HA Dave

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »

Very nice, I am impressed.

now i like it add to my project the x10 alarm , but i dont know how work x10 alarm , my idea is add to my software via plugin the x10 alarm , but dont know if the alarm device have comunication with the CM15A

I have the older X10 alarm.... and when using the "on alert" AHP plug-in I could turn the alarm on. But for security reason the software didn't make provisions for turning the alarm off.

I used a modified a security remote (SH624) so I could send an arm signal remotely. My modification was extremely simple. I used a powerflash module (PSC01) to close the arm buttons contacts.

I was in the re-making of my setup when X10 pulled the plug. I found myself with only AHP and smart macros on my replacement laptop computer. I was so bummed... I just let the system ride as it was. I only recently returned to create something new/better. Then fortunately... X10 returned as I was researching and posting on the other HA forums.   
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:40:41 PM by HA Dave »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.