Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: secureLink with no delay exit?  (Read 4021 times)

cismontguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
secureLink with no delay exit?
« on: November 02, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »

I have a secureLink system installed but I cannot get the delay exit to work? The two door monitors are enrolled with the based station and I have set the exit delay on the base station but as soon as I open the door the alarm goes off?

Does anyone know why this is happening? And how to fix it?

Thanks,

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: secureLink with no delay exit?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 06:33:22 AM »

On the DS10A and DS12A Door Window Sensors. Is the Min-Max Switch in them set to MAX?
If you are arming with the SH624 Remote. Again it has to have its Min-Max Switch set to MAX.
If you are using the KR32A or KR10A Keyfob. They always arm instant and you get no Exit Delay.

When you Arm Away on the SC1200. If you have the Chime function enabled. You should hear it chime down as it counts off the time delay.

cismontguy

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 09:18:32 AM »

OK, thanks for that information.. I did have the door sensors set at Max.

I DO NOT understand why you cannot use the key fob to activate the control panel and have a delay in exiting?

The key fob's signal is so weak it will not activate the system after I leave the house. You have to be within site of the control panel.

So now in order to get the system to work, I have to press the "Away" button on the console and walk out of the house in 60 seconds if I want the alarm to arm correctly.

Other issue was I had to re-register all the door and window sensors since installing them for some reason? What a pain in the you know what. The system had worked on initial installation then I was wondering why I was not getting any false alarms like before, so I began to test it last night.

Does anyone know of a key fob that does let you activate the alarm prior to your leaving the building?

I have a SmartHome.com whole house security system in a rental property and it DOES NOT have these kinds of problems. Key fob works from the parking lot! X10 is very dissappoint. Of the 10 sensors I recieved only 4 would register correctly. Waste of money..

Thanks.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »

The SC1200 {SC12A on its label} Console has been reported to have poor RF range.

There are some threads here on improving it range. A search of the forums will probably find them.
Here is one thread. There are others that used passive antennas and didn't require modifying the console itself.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=468ohrlu4ckirulej1c7r0i4n3&topic=26293.msg148480#new

Did you have to re-register the sensors because they where reporting a trouble indication or did they just disappear?

Can't comment on the lack of arm with delay from a Keyfob. Was a technical choice X10's engineers made.
As was the design of the sensors and consoles.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:13:49 PM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »

I DO NOT understand why you cannot use the key fob to activate the control panel and have a delay in exiting?
Does anyone know of a key fob that does let you activate the alarm prior to your leaving the building?

The idea of the key fob was to arm the system outside the perimiter. Hence the delay was not needed in X10s eyes. Makes perfect sense as long as the console has a pick-up range greater than 15 feet...
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

cismontguy

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 01:20:30 PM »

Brian,

I do not know why I had to re-enroll the two door monitors? I never got any kind of error message, and it was only on a day when I came home, forgot to disarm the system and realized that the alram never sounded that I got suspicious and started to investigate the system. Otherwise I have no idea.

Looking at another brand for my property like noted above.

Seems like a very poor design if the key fob will not work from 20 feet away from the console. Most people do not have a phone jack at their front door. So placing the console near the front door is not an option.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »

It does sound like the sensors where lost as no errors or alarms happened. Console maybe flaky.

My SC1200s LCD Display. The top half of the screen is now dead. After one and a half years of use.
I have a Radio Shack 49-1000MC console in its place. As it was the OEM version of the SC1200 made for Radio Shack by X10.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:29:13 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.