Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bill's Voice Commander  (Read 7294 times)

tomh

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Bill's Voice Commander
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »

Has anyone had trouble getting in touch with Bill?  I have attempted to join the wgjohns forum and paid $30.00 for the full version of BVC, but have not received a response in almost a week.  I have checked my spam to make sure my ISP didn't send any emails that way.  I don't see many recent responses on the website either.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

gg4000

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Been playing x-10 since Windows 3.0
    • GG4000.com
Re: Bill's Voice Commander
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »

He's probably busy. He will get back to you.  :'
If you don't hear from him in another few days, write a separate email to him.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »

If he's busy, he's been busy for about a year now.     :'(
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

spval

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »

He was logged in on this forum yesterday and made a posting on his own website yesterday.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 08:42:55 PM »

If he's busy, he's been busy for about a year now.     :'(

I called him a month or so ago... and Knightrider, Bill, and myself had a short but nice chat in the old KDR Automation Chatroom.

I also got an email from Bill just the other day... a reply to an email I sent to him in mid-October. He did mention how he was surprised that he has been so tied up at work for the last year. His stress seems to be wearing into fatigue... I think that's a good thing. He is a big part of turning around a business he has worked at most of his adult life.

Ether way... Bill's still alive and kicking. And... for some reason I still expect to see him back and contributing. Here, at his forum, and in time to BVC as well as new programs and apps. With all that has happen with X10 and Home Automation.... this hasn't been a bad time to be out of touch. I've stayed more on the sidelines myself for some time.

I've recently had a few automation ideas that I want to intergrate into my setup. With... what I like to call the automation season [AKA winter] coming into full swing... the timing may be perfect.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 08:45:43 PM »

Has anyone had trouble getting in touch with Bill?  I have attempted to join the wgjohns forum and paid $30.00 for the full version of BVC, but have not received a response in almost a week.  I have checked my spam to make sure my ISP didn't send any emails that way.  I don't see many recent responses on the website either.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you don't get an email from him in a day.... PM me and I will call him.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 02:35:28 PM »

Or I will call him.  I, too, have been a lurker in the usual HA haunts.  My apologies.  I recently switched from the construction/remodeling field to full time E.M.T. in the hopes that I would work less and spend more time with my wife and automation family.  Turns out, I think I'm addicted to work.  I've never had a job I didn't really enjoy doing.  Problem is that when unfilled shifts are dangled in front of me, I can't resist signing up.  My new job reuires me to start at 4am which leaves me all afternoon to pick up another shift on the ambulance, or work on someone's house.  kinda leaves me out here.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »

..... Turns out, I think I'm addicted to work. 

LOL... Ya think?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »

Thanks

Actually, at 2:37PM the day he posted this, I sent Tom his registration information.  Too bad he didn't come back and mention that.   ::)

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »

Actually, at 2:37PM the day he posted this, I sent Tom his registration information.  Too bad he didn't come back and mention that.   ::)

Yes. It is always appreached when a poster returns with the results.

With so many changes with the X10 product line... and home automation in general recently... I often don't feel like I have much to contribute. It's nice to hear back when I do feel like I might have been helpful in some small way.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.