Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Touchscreen not working after going to sleep mode  (Read 10375 times)

Normy945

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Touchscreen not working after going to sleep mode
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »

My airpad is 18 months old, it went to sleep and now when i wake it the touchscreen is non responsive. Please help. What should I try????

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Touchscreen not working after going to sleep mode
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »

Try a reset with the resetbutton. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

vconzola

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:01:21 PM »

I had the same problem with my Airpad XL after about 10 months.  I put it to sleep and when it came back up the touchscreen did not respond. I can control the device with a USB mouse but that sort of defeats the purpose of having a tablet.  I've tried resetting it multiple times and re-flashing the ROM according to the instructions in this forum. The re-flash worked but the touchscreen still doesn't work. Any ideas what happened or suggestions for fixing?  Would upgrading the OS to Gingerbread or ICS help?

diller3

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 05:07:18 PM »

I’ve had my 7" airpad CM002 AIR 910 since November2011. Today the touchscreen quit operating after I touched the edge. Now the screen wont unlock by touch. I tried a usb mouse and it will respond as vconzola posted. Does anyone know, may I have fried the sensor screen with a small static discharge? It seems so. Is there any way to test, check a fuse?  ???
I am still running the orginal rom it came with.   Thanks

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »

Diller3,

There is no fuse for the touchscreen. Your only hope would be to do a factory reset. If it still does not work,then the touchscreen is bad.

diller3

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »

X-10 repair. Thanks for responding. I did finally do a factory reset by using the mouse to move the screen slider to power down. After a long boot up, the touchscreen was working.  :)%
Aparrently only using the reset button it wasn't powering off. If you could only remove the battery simply would of worked,like a phone.
Question....
I recently bought a mini HDMI to HDMI cable but the mini end is wrong. Is there a proper name for the size that fits the airpad 910?
Thanks again for all the help.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 10:10:22 AM »

The HDMI connector on tablet is a standard mini HDMI connector. A HDMI to mini HDMI cable is what you need. Here is an example of one that will work:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10242&cs_id=1024201&p_id=3645&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.