Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: i'm looking for a solution pls.  (Read 3982 times)

RussV

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
i'm looking for a solution pls.
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »

Hi.  this is what i'm looking for. i'm looking for a security light that will work from people walking by from both directions.

i have long strip of grass that the teenagers constantly use so i'm looking for something like an outdoor light with two sensors almost 180 deg apart.  i want the light to come on when someone jumps-the-fence on one side or start to walk on the opposite side of the yard.

if the sensor are small i'd like to hide them but maybe active all of the outside lights...for a scare effect.

i want to use some sort of spot-flood so as not to bother the neighbors.

ultimately i would like some to add cameras.

thanks

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: i'm looking for a solution pls.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 09:37:09 AM »

Hi.  this is what i'm looking for. i'm looking for a security light that will work from people walking by from both directions.

Have you looked at X10.com? X10 has small wireless motion sensors.

http://www.x10.com/promotions/ms16a_cat_hm.html

You could use a couple of them. However their detection range is only about 20 feet. They would transmit to a Transceiver (shown on same web page) which picks up the RF transmission and couples it to the homes powerline, to turn on "Lamp Modules", "Wall Switches", or "Socket Rockets", all described on the X10 web site.

Another site is Smarthome.com

A non X10 solution might be this little jewel, which has two motion sensors for 180 degree coverage and the LED spotlight tracks movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks-5Sn-e_ec

Google is your friend.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

RussV

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: i'm looking for a solution pls.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »

Oh thanks Dave.

I'm an older x10 user but am looking for a wired solution.  i have to mount the sensors high so i don't want to revisit them.

thanks for the link to the 'robot security' light. i definitely want a 'spooky' look or action to curtail use of the pathway.
i also had something like this in mind...when you start at one end of the path, the light on the opposite end comes on.

again thanks for the ideas.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.