Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro runs manually but not by MS16A Sensor, Macro just blinks  (Read 9903 times)

rbasly

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro runs manually but not by MS16A Sensor, Macro just blinks
« on: December 31, 2012, 06:55:05 PM »

Installed Active Home Pro on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit PC. Setup batch file to run MP3 file. Setup macro with no condition running windows command. The windows command runs the batch file. I can run the macro by clicking macro but when activated by sensor, the macro button will only blink and will not run command. I've already verified Macro and Sensor are both setup on B1, also recreate new ahp file. Anyone else ran into this?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Macro runs manually but not by MS16A Sensor, Macro just blinks
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:15:04 AM »

I don't use AHP anymore, so this is only a shot in the dark. When you force the macro to run from AHP, all conditionals are ignored. When a trigger calls the macro, conditions are observed. I know you said you have no conditions, but that is the only thing that pops out. I'll go back to sleep now.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »

To tell you the truth I have run into nothing but trouble with AHP and macros especially those triggered by RF.

My recomendation would be to switch from AHP to Ihouse it is free and the macro language is far more powerful than AHP

Ccheck it out at www.Ihousehomeautomation.com

Cheers Ken

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »

I totally agree with Kenrad!  iHouse is the way to go!  And soon PCcompanion 4 is coming with voice recognition!  It is in Beta testing right now!  X10 needs to make AHP open source so some of the programmers in the community can fix all the bugs in it.   :'
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »

X10 needs to make AHP open source so some of the programmers in the community can fix all the bugs in it.   :'
Excellent idea! X10 is still limping, who know if they even have programmers left. Perhaps the idea of open sourcing is more appealing now. Anyone from X10 listening? Dave Rye, what do you think?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

rbasly

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »

Thanks for the info, I was able to get AHP macro working after following suggestion of adding a condition which did nothing. By the way I had to load AHP on a different computer after it wouldn't load since installing some other programs. I tried to uninstall the AHP and the uninstaller crashes - way to go with your quality coding X10. I'll be looking at iHouse since is sounds like a better program. Thanks, All.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.