Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IPCam Client and IP Client Tool Software & Sending Image on Alarm  (Read 2338 times)

Anthonyi

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi, this is my first post requesting information.  I recently purchased three Airsight cameras (XX34A and XX36A) to provide basic monitoring around my home.  I have had a torrid time with port forwarding but will address this in another post. 

My main question is if the difference around the IP Cam Client and IP Client tool software.  Which one should I be using for everyday use?

The other question is how do I send an image by email when motion is detected.  I have email set up and it appears to be working as I received test.  I have ticked the Motion option in both software.  However, only on one occasion did I get an email.

Thanks..

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: IPCam Client and IP Client Tool Software & Sending Image on Alarm
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 10:58:02 AM »

FYI,

This forum is primarly composed of X10 users. "X10 Wireless" rarely responds to user questions. That said, any response depends upon users that can help you, seeing your question and taking time to answer. Sorta hit and miss. So you might try searching the forum with your camera models and key words, while waiting for an actual user, familiar with the problem to respond.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:39:54 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: IPCam Client and IP Client Tool Software & Sending Image on Alarm
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 03:08:29 PM »

My main question is if the difference around the IP Cam Client and IP Client tool software.  Which one should I be using for everyday use?

The other question is how do I send an image by email when motion is detected.  I have email set up and it appears to be working as I received test.  I have ticked the Motion option in both software.  However, only on one occasion did I get an email.

Thanks..

I am using both IP Cam Client / IP Camera tool. One broken screen laptop is used with a 22 inch tv as the monitor. My good laptop is used for controling the camera. I can leave my broken screen laptop on and don't care if it dies, the screen is broken.

Its a matter of preference IMO. The IP Camera Client can have both MJPEG and H264 cameras viewed... the IP Client tool can not.

The interface on the controls are on different sides of the interfaces. I like the IP Camera Client as i may want to add a H264. The IP Camera Client doesn't need IE browser to view/control the camera IP Camera Client is its own interface.

I prefer the IP Client controls over the IP tool when i have to pan tilt. Or the daughter is using the computer for school work. Or im doing other things on the computer i can still view the camera on the 22 inch tv even while i watch the big screen.

TIP for others. download the manuals for the cameras you want and compare.

I can still surf the net, and viewl

ABOUT THE EMAIL QUESTION...
i can't say, my camera ptz domed.... as soon as i check the box and hit submit .. my camera is either bouncing back off the dome that its detecting motion and the light is flashing on the interface before i can even click back to view video.

I know because i use my tv monitor to view 24/7 and see the camera begin moving to the present when motion is detected. This is when nobody is on the street.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:32:02 PM by richy2 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.