Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight Wireless IP Outdoor Camera - Reviews Wanted  (Read 4426 times)

storage10717

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight Wireless IP Outdoor Camera - Reviews Wanted
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:40:17 PM »

I am considering purchasing the Airsight Wireless IP Outdoor Cameras for property surveillance at my facilities. I see very few reviews on the net of this product (XX36A) so I would appreciate any comments that anyone has regarding these devices. Thank you.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Airsight Wireless IP Outdoor Camera - Reviews Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:04:16 PM »

:'
Search the forum for "XX36A" you will get plenty of opinions.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Deemoore

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:15:47 PM »

I  have had this camera on my shed for three months XX36A
had it mounted on a tripod and the wind blew it over
we have had lots of rain and freezing temps ...

I went out today reinitialized it
set it up on the wireless router
and finally figured out how to see it on the internet.

I'm happy with it. Moved it to a rooftop and the infrared got dimmer, but that's to be expected.

Just be ready to configure everything.   B:(

Spent hours trying to access my my camera's IP from an internet browser port number and everything.
Went here http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/IP_Camera_-_Remote_Viewing
then here   http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/IP_Camera_Wireless_Setup
then here http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding
 Then finally realized I needed to stop trying to see my camera's router IP
Typed in the IP of my network instead of the camera ip with the port I had assigned ..  (000.000.000.000:8000 for example )
Then it worked.
Basically you are opening a port from your camera to the internet through the router.

fanofsteel

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »

I've had mine for a few weeks and I can tell you I had to disable wireless and run an Ethernet cable to make it work effectively.
The wireless worked great when its only a few feet away from the router(no security settings specified).
I put the XX36A out under the garage eve about 50 ft away from the router  and it would work intermittently and just hang trying to view it. I then just ran a cable outside the house for a few days and that resolved it.
Its a big PITA to run Ethernet cable, but I ran it to both front and back of the garage for another future camera.
I have it setup to send email alerts, after having it on regular Ethernet, it seems fairly stable.
It would be nice if there were more readable/usable explanation on some of the device setup.
For example the 'Alarm Service Settings' are not real intuitive. It seems to be written in 'Chinglish'.

Deemoore

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »

I've had mine for a few weeks and I can tell you I had to disable wireless and run an Ethernet cable to make it work effectively.
The wireless worked great when its only a few feet away from the router(no security settings specified).
I put the XX36A out under the garage eve about 50 ft away from the router  and it would work intermittently and just hang trying to view it. I then just ran a cable outside the house for a few days and that resolved it.
Its a big PITA to run Ethernet cable, but I ran it to both front and back of the garage for another future camera.
I have it setup to send email alerts, after having it on regular Ethernet, it seems fairly stable.
It would be nice if there were more readable/usable explanation on some of the device setup.
For example the 'Alarm Service Settings' are not real intuitive. It seems to be written in 'Chinglish'.
If you do go wireless I strongly recommend a difficult password or a guest user password system because your network settings can been accessed in the camera settings.

Maltby

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 12:34:25 PM »

B:(   I am about ready to smash my three with a sledge hammer.  The camera is probably fine, the the setup manual sucks.  And so does the software installation video which only plays at hyper speed as far as I can tell. 
I had it working wireless but could not get it to work accessing from the internet. then I got a new router and cannot even get them to work wireless now.. I am pissed.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 02:25:02 PM »

B:(   I am about ready to smash my three with a sledge hammer.  The camera is probably fine, the the setup manual sucks.  And so does the software installation video which only plays at hyper speed as far as I can tell. 
I had it working wireless but could not get it to work accessing from the internet. then I got a new router and cannot even get them to work wireless now.. I am pissed.
I hope you pressed the reset for the 30 seconds on the camera to put it back to the factory settings with the new router.

Added the camera's IP addy to the IE Trusted site.

Active X installed and/or enable Active X in the IE tools >Security > Custom Level > Active X section and enable them and then put IE security back to the default once the camera works.

I had been ticking with my Airsight Pro and/or router and i would screw something up until i just decided to put my computer & router & Camera back to all their factory settings and start over.

I made sure my DDNS & GATEWAY matched my computer ( which was one of my screwed up problems ).. I went to other forums that have the same type camera and read their solutions.

Maltby

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 01:10:17 AM »

Thanks for the advice.  I took a break, calmed down and following your advice, got them going. I still think the manual and start up guide suck.

Now to the next beef...one of the cameras quit working and the cause is the power cord....it went bad. I will be calling customer service.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »

Thank goodness for the forums.

If you google Shen Zhen you ll find out the owners Shen Zhen AGASIO technology that also have the same looking AirSIGHT cameras.

stoneyc

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 08:35:56 PM »

terrible wireless wireless n router helped mine a lot

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.