Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Securelink communicate to X-10 software  (Read 4135 times)

roberthuttinger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Securelink communicate to X-10 software
« on: January 12, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »

I am using this Securlink home security system and I also have indigo 5 automation software for X 10 and I'm using the PowerLink 2414 as the the intermediary device from indigo five to the power lines. I can get the Airsoft's H.264 cameras to talk to the indigo five software via email and set up triggers based on emails but how can I get the power link for the indigo 5 software to communicate with the SecureLink console is there a way to  to send a signal from the SecureLink console to the indigo 5 software can understand?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Securelink communicate to X-10 software
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 11:14:54 AM »

The SC1200 {label says SC12} sends a cycle of On and Off commands on the power lines. To the two X10 Addresses set in the Options Menu (7).
Default is House Code A and Light Code {Unit Code} 1 and Light Code 2. When an alarm is triggered.
You maybe able to use the On Off cycle to trigger something. Down side is it also sends one On Off Cycle when armed. To flash any lights you may have on those addresses. As an indicator the console did arm.
There are no other messages sent from the console for different functions.

roberthuttinger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »

I was thinking this as well, but, can X-10 software detect a signal as well as send it? Wouldn't the alarm send a pulse of signals as opposed to a single 'off' signal? Are X-10 ON an OFF different, or are the signals sent a simple pulse where if it is on it turns off and vice versa? If I could differentiate between on and off that would do the trick!

Rob

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 06:15:30 PM »

I was thinking this as well, but, can X-10 software detect a signal as well as send it? Wouldn't the alarm send a pulse of signals as opposed to a single 'off' signal? Are X-10 ON an OFF different, or are the signals sent a simple pulse where if it is on it turns off and vice versa? If I could differentiate between on and off that would do the trick!
1. Yes AHP, through the CM15A hardware, receives and sends X10 commands. Received commands (ON or OFF) can be used to trigger macros which then sends commands.
2. When alarmed it sends a string of ONs and OFFs. It (has Brian said) sends mutilple ON and OFF commands to trigger remote "PowerHorns".
3. Yes. ONs and OFFs are different.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »

When set to default. With an Alarm it sends a Power Line A1 A2 AOn, then a Power Line A1 A2 Off. The cycle continues.
When Armed. It sends a Power Line A1 A2 AON. After the exit delay. A1 A2 AOff.
Your 2414 Insteon Power Line Controller can process those X10 Power Line Signals. How Indigo 5 handles it and what it can do with it. I have no clue.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:48:42 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.