Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 5.8GHz A/V link VK87A  (Read 6804 times)

hogger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
5.8GHz A/V link VK87A
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:56:35 AM »

After setting up A/V senders video is not clear, both transmitter and receiver are facing each other

Try different channels, still not clear.

I have 5.8ZGHz wireless router would this be a problem?

Also tried to turn the receivers curved face (printed side) around to face away from the transmitters

This improves the quality, is this normal?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: 5.8GHz A/V link VK87A
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 12:39:31 PM »

I have not seen a lot of feedback on the 5.8gHz video sender. X10s old 2.4 gHz video sender garnered a lot of complaints about range. Some of the complaints were caused by 2.4gHz routers. Unplug the router and see if the picture clears(?).

How far apart and how many walls or floors is the transmission going through? X10s old 2.4 system was pretty marginal after one wall or floor.

At 5.8gHz I would not think it should make a big difference whether the front or the back of the flat antenna panel faces the other panel. I suppose the factory *could* have faced the antenna array wrong when they put it in the housing. Use whatever orientation works best.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

hogger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: 5.8GHz A/V link VK87A
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:59:16 AM »

I’m going straight up thru one floor and I did disable my router same results.

Also before I purchased these, I borrowed a set of older 2.4GHz from a guy a work and they work well, as soon as I hooked them up without any adjustments in the same location.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.