Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: did not port fwd router  (Read 2210 times)

frazzeled

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
did not port fwd router
« on: April 11, 2013, 04:19:08 PM »

apparently port fwd did not go properly.now I am at home,and can't access cams/or airsight web.Cams and computer I installed on are at my winter home.Anyone know of a way I could correct this remotely?I do have installitation books and disc with me,from 1 of the cams.Also 1 cam is sending links instead of pics ie. 67.9.179.191 seems to be same as ip address for my netgear router.at any rate ie can not open/view the link I can't seem to log on to router from this location Any info would be greatly appriciated -:)

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: did not port fwd router
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »

apparently port fwd did not go properly.now I am at home,and can't access cams/or airsight web.Cams and computer I installed on are at my winter home.Anyone know of a way I could correct this remotely?I do have installitation books and disc with me,from 1 of the cams.Also 1 cam is sending links instead of pics ie. 67.9.179.191 seems to be same as ip address for my netgear router.at any rate ie can not open/view the link I can't seem to log on to router from this location Any info would be greatly appriciated -:)

Uncheck this box "Report Internet IP by Mail" to stop receiving the ip to your email.

Pics... did you check the box under alarm service settings

Upload Image on Alarm

To get pics when motion is detected?

To view your pics online.. do you have your DDNS setup and use airsight.net or are you using 192.x.x.x/portnumber to view your camera?

frazzeled

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 03:50:35 PM »

Thanks for your reply,I can't uncheck boxes since I can not reach website.
upload image box was checked
don't think I set up ddns either,Can't view cam as I did not set up port fwd or ddns
The pics I get are in my e mail,as are the links from other cam
I am in NY.The cams are in FL.as is the computer and router all was installed on.Would running the installation disc do me any good without having the cam here?Ie.is the camera log in /number on the disc or is that obtained by the system from the cam when setting up Thanks again    B:(

richy2

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »

Thanks for your reply,I can't uncheck boxes since I can not reach website.
upload image box was checked
don't think I set up ddns either,Can't view cam as I did not set up port fwd or ddns
The pics I get are in my e mail,as are the links from other cam
I am in NY.The cams are in FL.as is the computer and router all was installed on.Would running the installation disc do me any good without having the cam here?Ie.is the camera log in /number on the disc or is that obtained by the system from the cam when setting up Thanks again    B:(
if you are using the cameras IP address, you won't be able to view the camera away from your LAN. you have to use the cameras ddns ipaddress.

frazzeled

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:46:11 AM »

>*< think if I bought another cam and installed it here I could get on the website,and punch in other cam numbers and access them to change settings?? curious

richy2

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »

>*< think if I bought another cam and installed it here I could get on the website,and punch in other cam numbers and access them to change settings?? curious

No you can't.

Reading over your pass postings... you haven't set up port forwarding or use DDNS to view your cameras.

You will not be able to view your camera using the ip address of your camera. There is nothing you can do until you know those things.

If you are able to get the software interface at least... you can get the ddns under systeem>ddns status

If you can get the interface ( but no video ) find the ddns status on the interface....if you have the old DDNS then you re going to have to probably be at the camera and call x10 then have them change it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:27:57 PM by richy2 »

frazzeled

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »

>!Thanks for all the help

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.