Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP CM11A wont trigger timer?  (Read 3192 times)

mikk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP CM11A wont trigger timer?
« on: May 19, 2013, 10:40:08 AM »

When connected to laptop an issue a command thru cm11a to turn light on/dim/off it works fine. but when pc off and timer suppose to trigger thru cm11a interface i get nothing. anyone have this issue and how they fixed it or any ideas? thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: AHP CM11A wont trigger timer?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

Did you try to download the timer into the CM11A? Not too sure if the CM11A can have timers downloaded to it. Last time I tried all I got was a memory error.

PC has to be on if the timer is being run from the PC.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 02:14:23 PM »

It's been a long time since I used a CM11A, but i think Brian was right.   The PC HAS to be on for timers to work.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 03:08:08 PM »

It's been a long time since I used a CM11A, but i think Brian was right.   The PC HAS to be on for timers to work.

I was a beta tester for the CM11A.  The CM11A is a stand-alone unit capable of controlling timed events all by itself.  You just have to download the program to it.  There is a limited download size, and I had to reduce the sunrise/sunset resolution to provide enough room for my program.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »

mikk; You are using Active Home Pro that was updated to work with a CM11A or the original Active Home that was originally supplied with a CM11A?

I don't know if AHP was ever tweaked enough to do downloads to the CM11A.
I always got a out of memory error. No matter how small I made the Sunrise Sunset tables.

The old Active Home was able to download the timers just fine for me also.

Also if you unplug the CM11A. It has no battery backed clock and forgets the time. Then it starts sending the computer a set the clock request.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:26:15 PM by Brian H »

mikk

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 09:57:12 PM »

Did you try to download the timer into the CM11A? Not too sure if the CM11A can have timers downloaded to it. Last time I tried all I got was a memory error.

PC has to be on if the timer is being run from the PC.

Yes i did download the timer to the cm11a. showed the progress line that it downloaded. i have another lamp in same room triggers just fine.maybe on a different circuit guessing.

mikk

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »

mikk; You are using Active Home Pro that was updated to work with a CM11A or the original Active Home that was originally supplied with a CM11A?

I don't know if AHP was ever tweaked enough to do downloads to the CM11A.
I always got a out of memory error. No matter how small I made the Sunrise Sunset tables.

The old Active Home was able to download the timers just fine for me also.

Also if you unplug the CM11A. It has no battery backed clock and forgets the time. Then it starts sending the computer a set the clock request.

yeah brian using the updated ver. of AHP. was using the 20yr old cp290 that worked flawlessly. wanted a better software version but have few bugs with certain modules. yes it downloads just fine with the status line showing the progress. just odd will trigger when connected to laptop and not when disconnected.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.