Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Timer not turning on Lamps, but will turn off lamps  (Read 2360 times)

Billy150

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Timer not turning on Lamps, but will turn off lamps
« on: May 30, 2013, 08:59:32 PM »

I recently bought the SC1200 Security System (my old PS561 died)  Since then my CM15A timer won't turn the appliance modules on at all but will turn them off at the correct time.  I only have 2 appl. mods in my house. They've been working perfectly for 5 yrs. It's not the batteries and I have a spare CM15A that has same problem. I've been using the 3.318 software for 1 1/2 yrs. perfectly.  I even reinstalled the software. (Vista PC).

I experimented with setting a time say 5 min from now,  downloading the macros and waiting for lamp to light -  Nothing.  The appl. mods work with the remote and turn off/on  when I activate the SC1200. I've plugged the CM15A into various outlets in house to see if line problems are occurring,  but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: AHP Timer not turning on Lamps, but will turn off lamps
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:47:37 AM »

The appl. mods work with the remote and turn off/on  when I activate the SC1200. I've plugged the CM15A into various outlets in house to see if line problems are occurring,  but no luck.
Definately wierd.
FWIW
Everything works with a remote, so:
1. Is the CM15A your only transceiver?
2. Was it in the same outlet where it has worked for 5 years?
3. Did you install the SC12 in AHP On Alert plug-in?

If the answers are "yes", I would try deleting the appliance module macros from AHP and redo them.  Also try taking the SC12 out of the equation (delete from AHP and unplug) just for testing. (Corrupted ahx file maybe)

Also for testing, delete the AHX file and create new with only the two appliance modules and see if they respond to timer ON then.

Seems to me AHP is the common element. Unless both Appliance modules are on the same circuit, it doesn't seem like a noise problem, but.....
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »

The SC1200 Console is a Tranceiver on the Security House Code it is set to. Default is House Code A and Light {Unit}  Code 1 and 2.

Billy150

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »

I finally got it working,  at least so far.  I uninstalled the software again and this time removed all X10 entries in the C: program files and common files as well as everything X10 in the registry.  I shouldn't have had to search out all that stuff, but I guess whatever works.

Thanks for the ideas.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.