Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Power Supply for XX59A  (Read 2567 times)

Blueyzes58

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Power Supply for XX59A
« on: July 12, 2013, 08:44:59 PM »

Has anybody found a way to extend the lenght of the power supply for this XX59A camera using an extention that would now make it easlier to conceal the cable along some trim in the house. If so where did you get the cable from? I still want to use the camera wireless!!! Here is the info of the power supply: AC/DC Adapter model CW0502000  input: 100-240V~ 50/60 Hz 0.4 Amax   output: 5Vsolid line and 3 dotted lines below then 2A  . Now to describe the next diagram for the plug end:  O(- inside the circle) a dash connecting the circle and this (   then a dot with a line connected to another circle with a + inside   RoHS OK that is the best way to describe it. Now my  brother(who is an electrical engineer) said to try DigiKey that has a CP-2211-ND that he said should work??? Would rather see if anyone has one that works!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Power Supply for XX59A
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 09:26:50 PM »

If all you want to do is extend the power cable, you could use twisted pair, lamp cord, or even four conductor thermostat wire from Home Depot etc. Just make sure you keep the polarity correct from end to end. How far do you want to extend the camera from power supply?

Long runs may require larger gauge wire or a power supply with higher output to overcome line loss. Since you didn't indicate the distance; 16ga or 18ga lamp cord may be easiest and simplest to get.

If you want another power supply, take you old one to Radio Shark and let the clerk help you. You need a 5VDC 2 amp supply with proper sized coax connector with the center pin positive and barrel negitive for polarity. This is the most common configuration for coaxial power connections.

PS Ask your brother for help.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 06:15:15 AM »

The power supply uses a uncommon 3.5 x 1.35 mm DC Connector.
Though many electronic parts stores and online vendors should have connectors.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/SAW-0502000

I will see if I can find some preassembled extension cables in my electronic catalogs.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 07:53:20 AM »

Since these cameras are the same that other companies like Foscam , Easyn, Agasio, Wansview .... sell check their sites for a compatible extention.
I know Foscam sells 10 foot 5 volt extensions in black and white and they should work just compare the specs.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Blueyzes58

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 02:02:59 PM »

Had a friend try about 9 differant extentions and non of them worked, power up camera but video would not work- very strange. I'm going to try the ones from this other company my brother said to get from, but if someone found one that works let us know!!! :-[ :-[

dinosinc

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
    • My Beer Kegerator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 05:30:43 PM »

i have bought a couple that work with most of my cams except older older Agasio cams.. your best bet may be to splice into the power cable you have and make it longer

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.