Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Disable lights when arming?  (Read 4323 times)

fegarex

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Disable lights when arming?
« on: July 13, 2013, 06:05:09 AM »

Does anyone know how to disable the one second "lights on" when arming? I have a UM506 connected to a LOUD outdoor siren and it is annoying to have it go off when arming the system. Or some other ideas to keep the existing siren?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Disable lights when arming?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 06:30:31 AM »

You didn't say which console you have.
If it is the SC1200 that has two Light Codes. Have you tried both addresses?

Some folks have modified a SH10A Small Powerhorn Siren module to trigger a relay. They don't react to a single On or Off X10 command and need the On Off cycle of an alarm to be triggered.
A search of the forums should find the threads. I believe there where two different ones.

fegarex

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 06:44:57 AM »

Sorry. Yes it is the SC1200 and I tried both unit codes. I attempted to search the forum before I posted this but didn't look for the sh10a mod.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 04:54:54 PM »

Here is one of them. The relay used is not rated for heavy current and may need to trigger a larger one controlling the sirens.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=naafj63u6qj93b8id3ijpn72c0&topic=18542.0

There was a more elaborate one with 12 volt supplies and external sirens.
I can't find the link to it right now.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:59:25 PM by Brian H »

fegarex

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 08:59:33 PM »

Thanks! That is worth a try. The alarm I have is triggered by a relay so I should be good. I'm a little slow and not sure I understand how the SH10A reacts different as you described but I will take your word for it. I can use the UM506 for something else.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 07:57:45 AM »

The Powerhorns do not sound from the first X10 On command.
They need a continuous one second cycle of On and Off commands to its address or All Lights On All Units Off to its House Code to be triggered.
Takes two or three cycles to start. The single security light code flash should not trigger a Powerhorn.

fegarex

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:08:27 AM »

OK, now I understand. Sounds like this will work for me just fine! SH10A has been ordered.
Thanks!
Now... I just need to read all of the posts to make the CM15A to work more than 5 feet!! :)
I see there are several threads and will try to figure it all out.
Does the CM15A talk directly to the SC1200 or does it talk to the SH624? I know a SH624 is needed for AHP/OnAlert to work.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 10:13:13 AM »

The SH624 is a transmit only remote. The CM15A can't send anything to it.

With On Alert the SH624 can be added to it. I believe {my SC1200A died so I can't test it anymore} can also can send RF commands to the SC1200 like a SH624 can.

Your security sensors can also be added to AHP. There is a choice when registering them. With or without them being registered to a Security Console.

The SC1200 also is a transceiver for standard X10 RF devices. For the House Code set in the menu.

fegarex

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 10:57:49 AM »

The instructions made it sound like it was required to make OnAlert work. When I click on any button on the OnAlert mobile it makes the icon in AHP show a "signal" to the SH624 but moving it doesn't make any difference arm/disarm the system. Only moving the CM15A does so I got confused.
I'm getting closer to making it all work. Relocating the CM15A closer and some antenna mods are helping.
Thanks,
Rex

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »

On Alert has to be installed for AHP to see any Security messages.
I may not have been clear. When I said the choice to register with or without a Security Console.  If the remote or sensor is registered in a console. You pick with a console. As some users have security devices and no security console to do other things.
If you look in the activity monitor. You will probably see Received Security Messages from the sensors and the remote.

fegarex

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 02:49:41 PM »

Get it now! I'm a little new to this. Had X10 stuff but not the security stuff till now.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.