Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

Author Topic: New x10 Wi-Fi unit  (Read 165543 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: New x10 Wi-Fi unit
« Reply #465 on: January 01, 2018, 02:23:32 AM »

The units are being produced.
In fact I just received a unit today see attached. The hold up is still the apps.  B:(
The unit came with instructions for how to find the app on the prospective stores but the app doesn't exist yet. B:(
There was also a link to the manual which also doesn't exist yet. thought this is so easy to setup a manual isn't realy needed.
As soon as those links are available I'll post them.  ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2018, 04:48:48 AM »

Looks nice.
That sucking sound is me now holding my breath in hot anticipation.  :)%
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2018, 04:57:11 AM »

I should have place something beside this to give an idea of size. B:(
It is smaller then the CM15A, exactly the same size as a PAT03 as it still uses the same case as the original design.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #468 on: January 01, 2018, 08:02:50 PM »

Is that an pass through electrical outlet on the bottom?

I am thinking that since it doesn't have any X10 RF capabilities that it would be best to put this as close to the electrical panel as possible to maximize signal distribution through the house.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #469 on: January 01, 2018, 09:51:12 PM »

Sadly no!
My proto type did and I assumed this would as well  :-[
As for placing it close to your distribution panel, that may not be necessary as it does have a stronger PCL signal going out then the CM15.
It reads 9.99 on my XTBM Pro signal analyzer my CM15 reads 7.44. placement may be more dictated by your routers Wi-Fi signal range however a Wi-Fi repeater could solve that.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #470 on: January 01, 2018, 10:00:22 PM »

As for placing it close to your distribution panel, that may not be necessary as it does have a stronger PCL signal going out then the CM15.
It reads 9.99 on my XTBM Pro signal analyzer my CM15 reads 7.44. placement may be more dictated by your routers Wi-Fi signal range however a Wi-Fi repeater could solve that.
 >!

I'll buy it just to see how the signal strength compares.  If it works better than my CM15A, even as a secondary device it will be an improvement to my system.  Even just app control at this point is a good thing - sometimes I'm outside and wanting to turn on or off an exterior light and I don't have an RF remote with me.

I hope they work on a Google Home add-in or IFTTT integration besides the Alexa skill.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #471 on: January 01, 2018, 10:13:57 PM »

I believe a Google Home app is in line after the Alexa App possiblity is looked into.
IFTTT won't be possible until or if the protocol is released  :(
Authinx has stated they'll pressure the manufacture more on this after the Wi-Fi unit is officaly released.

I use this in conjunction with my CM15 and AHP as currently macro (scene) functions are very limited.
As well I still use my remotes though less and less.
Even my wife uses her phone more to turn devices on/off, then the remotes. Something I never thought I'd see happening in my life time. rofl

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #472 on: January 02, 2018, 06:10:27 AM »

I believe a Google Home app is in line after the Alexa App possiblity is looked into.
IFTTT won't be possible until or if the protocol is released  :(
Authinx has stated they'll pressure the manufacture more on this after the Wi-Fi unit is officaly released.

I would bet/guess.... if there is a wifi phone app.... a little searching would find someone that could produce a "skill" that the good people at Amazon would love to offer.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #473 on: January 02, 2018, 02:25:12 PM »

My experiments with SmartThings cloud suggest we may even be able to tie into their skill.
I do this now for Google Home and Alexa using my cm15 and software ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #474 on: January 02, 2018, 06:21:24 PM »

My experiments with SmartThings cloud suggest we may even be able to tie into their skill.
I do this now for Google Home and Alexa using my cm15 and software ;)

Woo Hoo! I just wonder.... if other hubs might also recognize the X10 app/device as well. I know I have overlap with my other devices and apps here.   

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #475 on: January 02, 2018, 07:21:19 PM »

Actually I don't use a SmartThings Hub I use their cloud portal.
It allows zwave, zigbee, hue, homeseer, Logitech harmony, Cree, GE and a bunch of other manufactures devices.
All my X10 devices show up in the SmartThings app and Alexa or Google use the SmartThings skill
I've even added Broadlink RM coded devices to it.
I had put forth something simular for the WM100 but have it built into the HUB and not require a setup like SmartThings.
However after working with SmartThings that may be the better way as my idea was in a macro.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #476 on: January 02, 2018, 07:30:59 PM »

So can the WiFi unit talk directly with the SmartThings cloud, or do you need to have a computer running 24/7 to bridge the two?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #477 on: January 02, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »

The WIFI unit (WM100)can't communicate with SmartThings or the other way around (yet)
With the protocol you could have SmartThings talk to it thus enabling Alexa control through the WM100.
If my macro Idea were implemented the WM100 could send info to any hub, if you knew that hubs expected HTTP GET protocol.

I had not attempted to hack my WM100 to any degree for fear I'd corrupt testings of it.
I use SmartThings with the PC and a cm15 currently.
However the WM100 does see PLC sent from the CM15 (currently that is just to avoid stepping on a X10 signal).
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #478 on: January 02, 2018, 09:01:27 PM »

Actually I don't use a SmartThings Hub I use their cloud portal.
It allows zwave, zigbee, hue, homeseer, Logitech harmony, Cree, GE and a bunch of other manufactures devices.
All my X10 devices show up in the SmartThings app and Alexa or Google use the SmartThings skill

That makes sense.
I don't own a SmartThings (Samsung) Hub either. But I do have the Wink Hub (1st generation) I picked up on clearance. And although... I have no Wink devices for the Hub to control... It does recognize and control other brand devices I do own. Some things... like my garage door... is controlled by two Hubs. The MyQ Hub (and app) controls (and alerts me about) my garage door. But Since the Wink Hub also see's the garage door... it can turn on lights when the door raises after dark. Interesting... the lights it turns on are Cree and ihome (I have NO Wink lights).

I know you're just referring to the SmartThings app.... and cloud-based services. But the software commutations is pretty much the same... maybe without local control.

It may be possible.... if the Samsung Hub recognizes the X10 WiFi interface to include other flavors of HA products in our AHP macros. I would think..... that Samsung would LOVE to include the X10 name as one more product controlled by it's SmartThings Hub. And a great thing would also be (for X10 users) that Samsung is the major source of occupancy sensors right now.... I believe.

But then again...... I think about one of the newer Echo devices (maybe not yet available in Canada)... that has a built-in Hub of it's very own. An X10 skill..... would be AWESOME.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:24:44 PM by HA Dave »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #479 on: January 03, 2018, 09:50:34 PM »

The Developer has stated the X10WIFI Apps are ready and they are waiting Apples approval of the iOS app.
From what I've read that can take up to a week if nothing is flagged inappropriate, longer if it gets flagged. B:(
So in now looks like we're waiting on Apples acceptance. ::) :'
The owner has air freighted in a small batch ( I didn't ask the number) for initial release the rest are on the slow boat from China.
Those could take Up to 8 weeks to arrive. B:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.