Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I hate to complain but.......  (Read 7393 times)

cfineart

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
I hate to complain but.......
« on: October 14, 2014, 08:32:20 AM »

After at least 20 emails to customer service to try to get my airsight camera to work properly I finally had a moment of clarity and gave up on it. I bought the Swan system and have never been happier. I do not work for that company or any other surveillance company I'm just a regular Joe trying to have a little security in my life. There is no comparison if you call Swann customer service the answer and they help you.the clarity of the images and the ease of operation are far and above better than x10.I was burned by the old X 10 company and lost my money on a couple of products and stupidly went back.. I have finally learned my lesson.The 10 company has a long way to go.what a colossal waste of time and effort

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
Re: I hate to complain but.......
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:12:16 AM »

Thank you for this. I happen to be shopping for cameras myself at the moment. Did you try calling X10 customer service on the phone for this problem and, if so, what was your experience?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 12:20:32 PM »

I don't think the "new" X10 (old "X10 Wirless Technologies" went bankrupt in early 2013) has any dealing with the X10 cameras or Airtouch cameras. As I recall they said they would work with customers having problems where the camera is still under warranty.  But since they have no replacement product, I'm not sure what they can do.

FWIW they are doing a commendable job of reviving and improving old X10 line of home automation and remote control products.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 03:39:29 PM »

Are your problem cameras from the new X10 or the older X10WTI company?

I remember the same thing as dave w.
The new X10 company could not support the original Airsight Cameras from the X10WTI line of cameras.
I believe it was X10WTI gave them no information on them and had burned their supplier.  If a warranty issue, they would try and work out something.

They have their own line of newer models. If you have the new model. Let us know.

You may find something in the X10Wiki. For the original or recent model cameras.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Cameras
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:24:20 PM by Brian H »

cfineart

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 07:58:53 PM »

Talk to tech support? No such thing! You can email back and forth and back and forth if you want. I did many, many times. I am talking about the "new" x10 company. They do nothing for old cutomers but were apparently happy to take the name.airsight sends an email every time motion is detected. I was getting over 100 emails a night! Spending great amounts of time deleating them . No problem with Swann, their images are sent to a " cloud" and you log in to check them. No hassles.   let the buyer beware!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 12:23:05 AM »

...... No problem with Swann, their images are sent to a " cloud" and you log in to check them. No hassles.   let the buyer beware!

Those were the old days huh..... living without "the cloud"... how did those old timers ever manage. I sort of enjoy working with the outdated technologies myself. But mostly because I have more spare time... than spare money. But unfortunately.... sometimes we have to realize that it might be time to toss that old LED watch.... or whatever device is the concern.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Camavp

[move][move][/move][/move]
Thank you for this. I happen to be shopping for cameras myself at the moment. Did you try calling X10 customer service on the phone for this problem and, if so, what was your experience?

Elaine

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 11:28:35 PM »

have you connectted with x10,i aslo sick of this.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 06:16:43 AM »

Elaine;
Are your cameras from the old bankrupt X10 Wireless Technologies or the new X10 Inc.?

cfineart

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 05:15:46 AM »

New.new company, new camera.As an update , I never got satisfaction with x10 and have been very very happy with Swann.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.