Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wall Switch That Sends X10 Signal  (Read 4071 times)

X10 Ken

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Wall Switch That Sends X10 Signal
« on: August 09, 2015, 05:43:26 PM »

Years ago, I think I had an X10 wall switch which received X10 signals like a regular wall switch but also sent out an X10 signal if it was manually switched on or off.

I don't remember who made it, but if anyone knows of such a device now or in the past, I can search for it online or on eBay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken
===

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Wall Switch That Sends X10 Signal
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »

Some of the Smarthome X10 clones where two way and sent an X10 signal with local activation.

You looking for On/Off relay or Dimmer? Decorator, Keypad or Toggle style?
I believe I have an archived switch feature chart and maybe able to find their part numbers.

The Insteon wall switches could also have an X10 address programmed into them. But lately they have been removing X10 support from them.
The older power line only ones would accept X10 addresses added to them.

Both the older X10 clones and Insteon dimmer types are not 100% compatible with X10. When locally dimmed or brightened they send a %Dim command X10 modules do not process. 0% and 100% did send an Off or On.

After you can give us an idea of the style you would prefer. I can search for more details and model numbers.

Leviton also made a line of X10 compatible products. I would expect someone will give you more information on them.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:45:11 PM by Brian H »

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 05:28:04 AM »

Togglelinc
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 06:10:00 AM »

Smartlabs has been removing X10 support from all the new Insteon Modules but there is no official list of what no longer is X10 enabled.
New ToggleLincs no longer list X10 support in their features list on their sales page.
I no longer recommend Insteon Modules to those wanting to use the Primary X10 address feature they may or may not still have

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:24:12 AM by Brian H »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 09:38:02 AM »

Leviton also made a line of X10 compatible products. I would expect someone will give you more information on them.

Yes, Leviton had their own line of X10 compatible products that they called "DHC".  They offered both re-branded X10 products, like the in-line modules, and their own true rocker action wall switches.  They did make a 2-way wall switch, which was the HXM10-1TW.  It is a 1000W dimmer with a LED bar showing the brightness setting.  Then they also made a transmitter only, which was the HCC10-1SW.  As I recall, the 2-way dimmer cost $80 and the transmitter $40.

I installed the transmitter outside our media room to control the lights and switched outlets to power off the subwoofers and electronics rack when we were not using the room to eliminate a bunch of wasted standby power.

I did a Google search for the HXM10-1TW, and one popped up on "Smart Home Products" for $70.20.

Jeff

X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10 Ken

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 03:08:06 PM »

Some of the Smarthome X10 clones where two way and sent an X10 signal with local activation.

You looking for On/Off relay or Dimmer? Decorator, Keypad or Toggle style?
I believe I have an archived switch feature chart and maybe able to find their part numbers.

After you can give us an idea of the style you would prefer. I can search for more details and model numbers.

I have no need to dim.  I prefer the On/Off relay switches because I have had problems with the push button models going bad and generating line noise, but anything that works is ok.  I do want one that will respond to "All lights on".

Ken
===

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 06:27:42 AM »

I tried a Insteon Togglelinc 2466D Dimmer and 2466S Relay model. May not be the latest hardware revision. They where sold for a short time as replacements for the out of business X10WTI switches. By changing the part numbers but keeping the Insteon firmware in them.
The relay model does not respond to an X10 All Lights On. The dimmer model does.

Same for my Insteon 2476S SwitchLinc relay model. No All Lights On response.

An X10 All Off works with all of them.

Not sure on the older Smarthome 238?? X10 only models. The chart does not have a column for responds to X10 All On commands.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:35:02 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.