Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Contents of Activity Monitor  (Read 6993 times)

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Contents of Activity Monitor
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:04:47 AM »

If I clear the activity monitor screen then quit and restart AHP all the activity is shown again. Does anyone know the file location so I can try clearing the file. It even happens if I clear, shut down, restart the PC.

Secondly, if I save the contents to file, most of the lines get replicated over and over so a 100 line activity monitor ends up being over 1000 lines with obvious repetitions. Suggestions?

BTW, I want to open the file in Excel and sort by code received as I try to figure out where there is interference both with PLC and RF at certain times of the day more than others.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Contents of Activity Monitor
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 01:22:58 PM »

Try the Tools drop down list.
Clear History.

racerfern

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 01:47:54 PM »

Try the Tools drop down list.
Clear History.

Again? Sorry if I wasn't clear. I've been doing that for many years but now what ever was cleared comes back on a restart. At least the last few hundred lines worth.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »

Again? Sorry if I wasn't clear. I've been doing that for many years but now what ever was cleared comes back on a restart. At least the last few hundred lines worth.

Just one of the issues I experianced with Windows 10 64bit
Check to be sure your AHP folder isn't Write protected.

Windows 10 just did a update and set all settings back to defalt B:(
I'm getting tired of resetting everything too.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 09:52:36 AM »

Microsoft seems to be getting very pushy and aggressive. When it comes to updating Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10.
They changed the update files to a different category that Automatic Updates now starts to download.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 03:27:30 PM »

Microsoft seems to be getting very pushy and aggressive. When it comes to updating Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10.
I agree. And the whole thing is suspicious IMHO. I can understand Microsoft giving away Windows 10 upgrades to Windows 8 users. Win 8 was garbage, even Microsoft admitted they made a mistake. But why give free upgrades to Windows 7 users? Win 7 was a good operating system.

Microsoft is not one to give away the farm. They have to be getting something beside customer good will out of this massive give-a-way. I always wonder when I boot a Win 10 machine, if it isn't feeding everything on the hard drive to NSA, Homeland, FBI, CIA, DoD, Colossus, who knows who else. 
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

racerfern

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »

But why give free upgrades to Windows 7 users?

One less version to build updates for and one less thing to support.

Also, since fewer and fewer PCs are being sold, that many more people beta testing the Windows 10 for Microsoft.

I'm actually thinking of buying one of those very small footprint PCs and putting XP on it for things like AHP and my security camera system.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 04:59:03 PM »

Microsoft is not one to give away the farm. They have to be getting something beside customer good will out of this massive give-a-way. I always wonder when I boot a Win 10 machine, if it isn't feeding everything on the hard drive to NSA, Homeland, FBI, CIA, DoD, Colossus, who knows who else. 
They are collecting data but thats not new with Windows 10 just more intence. ::) :'
You may wish to look at Spybots Antibeacon

I'm actually thinking of buying one of those very small footprint PCs and putting XP on it for things like AHP and my security camera system.
I've done this but placed a 32 bit Windows 10 on it, AHP runs very well on a 32 bit OS, and it wasn't a new PC.
Many users don't realized Windows 10 32 bit will run on a machine that has run XP so a new PC isn't required.
There are a few threads on my forum dealing with mini PCs.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.