Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: CM15A USB Problem  (Read 21361 times)

rickkel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: CM15A USB Problem
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »

By some freak of nature, today I'm having similar problems with my CM15A.  I noticed that the timer was off by one hour due to Daylight Savings Time, so I thought I'd plug it in and refresh the time, etc.  Big mistake.

I've never had any problems in the past having my Windows 10 computer recognizing my CM15A when I plug it in, until today.  It does not recognize the device at all, even as an "unknown device" in Device Manager.  I've tried all of the unplugging and battery removal steps to no avail.  That was probably a big mistake because I'm sure it cleared the interface and I can't reload it.

I've also tried to attach it to my laptop (also Win 10) which I have never done.  I installed a fresh copy of ActiveHome and still, the CM15A is not recognized at all in any way.  Is there a way to install it manually?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2019, 11:27:58 AM »

By some freak of nature, today I'm having similar problems with my CM15A.  I noticed that the timer was off by one hour due to Daylight Savings Time, so I thought I'd plug it in and refresh the time, etc.  Big mistake.

I've never had any problems in the past having my Windows 10 computer recognizing my CM15A when I plug it in, until today.  It does not recognize the device at all, even as an "unknown device" in Device Manager.  I've tried all of the unplugging and battery removal steps to no avail.  That was probably a big mistake because I'm sure it cleared the interface and I can't reload it.

I've also tried to attach it to my laptop (also Win 10) which I have never done.  I installed a fresh copy of ActiveHome and still, the CM15A is not recognized at all in any way.  Is there a way to install it manually?

You might try a different USB cable. They can go bad.

rickkel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2019, 01:55:18 PM »

You might try a different USB cable. They can go bad.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll dig up another one from a friend and see if that's the problem.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:57:27 PM by rickkel »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2019, 03:04:50 PM »

*musing*
I wonder if the last Windows 10 forced update broke something?  I have been thinking of disabling "Windows Update" service in all our computers.  Or maybe just changing Network Settings to "metered". Although Windows will likely try and stop or throttle any streaming activity when network is metered. Anyone know for sure?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2019, 03:22:43 PM »

*musing*
I wonder if the last Windows 10 forced update broke something?  I have been thinking of disabling "Windows Update" service in all our computers.  Or maybe just changing Network Settings to "metered". Although Windows will likely try and stop or throttle any streaming activity when network is metered. Anyone know for sure?
I had issues with XP and 7 auto changing the USB driver for the Cm15A to what It thought was the newest and best.
I never had a problem with Win 10 doing that but that may have been that I disabled automatic driver updates.
I suspect this may be the issue here you'll have to change the driver by manually telling windows which driver to use.
Since I no longer use AHP or have the CM15A connected to a PC my days of fiddling with AHP are over.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2020, 04:13:50 AM »

Just wanted to update this and many don't ever update what their fix was. GOt a new cm15a off ebay and that fixed all my issues! Thank you all.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.