Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: hope this has changed from the last time I purchased?  (Read 3774 times)

Mastiff

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
hope this has changed from the last time I purchased?
« on: March 22, 2017, 06:10:28 PM »

"Airsight is BACK!  We have new models with improvements to hardware and software to make the best selling IP Cameras even BETTER!  These IP Cameras are durable, affordable and have all the features you would want in an IP Camera.  They are the best IP Cameras on the market, let alone this price point!"

I hope this includes the Airsight; XX70A Airsight Pan Tilt ZOOM IP WiFi Indoor/Outdoor IP Camera

as I bought this Camera December 2015 and by December 2016 it was dead..

I have Summers that hit 130 degrees f outside and the inside atic hits 150 degrees f..

the camera was dead in a year. I'm attributing this to heat, I just order another one and a xx52aa which went dead after I couldn't get in it because the stupid firmware update screwed my password.

I hope you guys take care of this better, the customer service was great with the people in Florida, trying to help me out last time, but your Texas Technicians Suck..

William Forbes...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: hope this has changed from the last time I purchased?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 06:40:12 PM »

Since this is a User to User Forum.
I am not too sure how much Authinx {present X10 Owners} participate here.

The specifications page for the XX70A says operating temperature is 14 degrees F to 131 degrees F.
20% to 80% non condensing humidity.

Mastiff

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 06:43:57 PM »

Since this is a User to User Forum.
I am not too sure how much Authinx {present X10 Owners} participate here.

The specifications page for the XX70A says operating temperature is 14 degrees F to 131 degrees F.
20% to 80% non condensing humidity.

all cameras operating temps hardware manufacture generic operations state this.

but I have only one camera outdoor still working the same model xx70A I ordered the other one for the other side, hope it works out.

thanks for the reply

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »

I have Summers that hit 130 degrees f outside and the inside atic hits 150 degrees f..

High temperatures like that are real tough on electrolytic capacitors.  It could shorten the life to just a few thousand hours.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »

We (I work thermal analysis) typically assume 130F only exists in the middle east and only for a short period of the day.  There are other areas that get hot, but we assume closer to 120F.  That said, the data is for air temperature so in the shade on a 130F day would be sweltering in the sun.  You must be in Yuma or Alice Springs (or the middle east) to be getting that hot on a regular basis.

Personally, I consider 90F sufficient for an upper limit!   :'

Mastiff

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 12:22:49 PM »

We (I work thermal analysis) typically assume 130F only exists in the middle east and only for a short period of the day.  There are other areas that get hot, but we assume closer to 120F.  That said, the data is for air temperature so in the shade on a 130F day would be sweltering in the sun.  You must be in Yuma or Alice Springs (or the middle east) to be getting that hot on a regular basis.

yep just outside Yuma, AZ..

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 10:28:20 AM »

Here in Southern Utah we are often over 110F summer afternoons, and topped out at 117F a few years ago.  Our garage got quite a bit warmer than outside before I added insulation to the metal doors and a vent fan to pull in cooler air during the early morning hours.  It would not surprise me that some attics get to 150F or even higher.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.