Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are there any drivers for the 1132CU & Win7 64-bit Pro?  (Read 12219 times)

powersHA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Are there any drivers for the 1132CU & Win7 64-bit Pro?
« on: April 10, 2017, 09:36:54 AM »

Hello,
I am a user of the SmartHome 1132CU controller.  My final WinXP machine died and I built a Win7 Pro 64-bit computer.  I was able to get the SmartHome software installed via compatibility mode, however the 1132CU USB is not recognized as a human interface device. Are there any drivers out there for the 1132CU & Win7 Pro 64-bit?
Thanks in advance - Paul

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Are there any drivers for the 1132CU & Win7 64-bit Pro?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:16:40 AM »

I don't remember seeing any drivers for the 1132CU.
As you already know it is considered a human interface device.
Have you tried asking in the Smarthome Forums, Computer Interfaces section?
That is where I was finding some help with my 1132CU.
http://forum.smarthome.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=17

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 12:00:23 AM »

Have you tried the Windows 7 Pro XP emulator?  I was not able to get our Carrier/Bryant HVAC software to connect to the controller until I tried running it in the Windows XP mode.  It runs just like it did on XP in that window.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:31:24 AM »

Some programs can run on Windows 7 if you run it in compatibility mode.  You can tell Windows what OS you want your program to be compatible with and it should help.  It may not work, but it seems worth a try.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 08:33:16 PM »

Have you tried the Windows 7 Pro XP emulator?  I was not able to get our Carrier/Bryant HVAC software to connect to the controller
Is that the Bryant Evolution system?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »

Have you tried the Windows 7 Pro XP emulator?  I was not able to get our Carrier/Bryant HVAC software to connect to the controller
Is that the Bryant Evolution system?

No, it is a utility (setupbhm.exe) for programming and monitoring their Zone Perfect system.  It used to be available for download on the web, but it disappeared about a decade ago, and there is no support for it.  I can't imagine programming an 8-zone Zone Perfect system without it.  Think about 4 heating and 4 cooling settings for each zone for each of 7 days.  That's 448 settings to enter manually on the main thermostat.

Jeff

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 11:12:16 AM »

I can't imagine programming an 8-zone Zone Perfect system without it.  Think about 4 heating and 4 cooling settings for each zone for each of 7 days.  That's 448 settings to enter manually on the main thermostat.

Jeff
Yikes, you better get a stool to sit on.  ;)

We have Bryant Evolution HVAC system. There are fairly large PC boards with medium and large scale ICs in both air handler and compressor. The everything is programmed through the  thermostat (daily schedule, vacation schedule, lockout temps, etc.) and it gives CFM, compressor run time, air handler run time, electric heat stages running,  etc, etc.

It is connectable to internet but we did not get the $500 option. I thought maybe you had same system with the WiFi connection and I wanted to know how you liked it.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 09:29:59 AM »

We have Bryant Evolution HVAC system. There are fairly large PC boards with medium and large scale ICs in both air handler and compressor. The everything is programmed through the  thermostat (daily schedule, vacation schedule, lockout temps, etc.) and it gives CFM, compressor run time, air handler run time, electric heat stages running,  etc, etc.

Their Zone Perfect does most of that too, except monitoring is through the computer with that utility.  It has a nice graphic display of the entire system - all 8 zone damper positions, temperature settings, and current temperatures.  It also includes compressor cycle times for our 2-stage system, outdoor temperature, humidity, etc.  We've used it for over a decade now, and I'm sure it has more than paid for itself in energy savings.

Jeff

ChrisEd

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 04:37:09 PM »

Jeff, any chance I can get a copy of the Setupbhm.exe bryant app?   I'm trying to decipher the Bryant Zoneperfect RS-485 data stream for home automation.  I think that app would help tremendously.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.