Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP timers work fine but macros mess up  (Read 2942 times)

rdb4762

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP timers work fine but macros mess up
« on: April 20, 2017, 02:44:01 PM »

I've got a small setup -- running ActiveHome Pro 3.318, a CM-15A interface, one RR501 Transceiver/Appliance module, and a number of lamp and appliance modules, none of which are 2-way. I also have a couple filter modules to isolate devices previously determined to cause problems. I have numerous timers programmed, all of which work fine. I have two macros; one to run before watching a video in the TV (cleverly named "Before"), and one for after ("After"). The first is supposed to turn off a number of lights (one of which is plugged into the RR501); the second to turn them back on. When I run "Before," everything turns off as desired; however, a few seconds later, the lights come back on! The RR501 does, however, not turn back on. Similarly, when I run "After," lights turn on but then go back out. Computer is Windows 7 64-bit (not that I see how that would matter, but provided just in case). I've cleared the interface memory numerous times, re-created the macros numerous times -- even replaced the CM-15A! Thoughts? Additional info needed?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP timers work fine but macros mess up
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 02:56:05 PM »

Were these macros ever working correctly?
What is the trigger for the before macro?
What is the trigger fore the After macro?
Can you post a screen shot of your macro?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rdb4762

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 02:18:30 AM »

1. Quite a while back. I've spent a lot of time trying to identify new things, and unplugged many. Even shut off the breaker to a solar system which went in a while ago. No joy.
2. House code is I: I16 on = Before; I16 off = After. Lights/modules being turned off by Before are I4, I6, I9, I10, and I12.
3. I'm not sure how. I saved screenshots into a Word document, but don't see/know how to attach it. And I don't seem to be able to paste them directly into this reply. I see the "Insert Image" button, but don't know how to use it. Instructions?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rdb4762

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 01:53:19 PM »

Thank you! However, my "Post reply" screen looks slightly different from the "Start new topic" screen shown in the link -- instead of "Additional Options...", mine has "Attachments and other options." However, clicking on that only gives me three option: "Notify me of replies," "Don''t use smileys," and "Return to this topic." Do I need to start a new topic in order to get the upload pictures option?

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »

I belive you have to post enough to graduate from the newbie class.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

rdb4762

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 02:55:31 PM »

Oh, well -- so much for providing the screenshots. Any thoughts regarding my issue without being able to see them?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 07:04:34 AM »

The post count for allowing attachments is 5 so you should now be able to do that.
The thing that jumps out is your before macro which is triggered by I16 on
In it you include the trigger for after which is I16 off  thus triggering the before auto triggers the after.
if your after macro also includes a macro trigger it will also misbehave
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:06:29 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rdb4762

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »

Thanks! Unfortunately, there's still no difference -- still only "Attachments and other options" without actually allowing attachments. As to the rest of your comment, "Before" includes I6, but not I16. That would have been interesting, wouldn't it?!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 07:49:59 PM »

is your AHP recycle bin empty?
AHP has been known to run macros that have been deleted but not removed from the AHP recycle bin
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rdb4762

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 12:34:39 PM »

Thanks again for taking time to help me! When you speak of the "AHP recycle bin," is that the "garbage can" at the lower left of the screen. Presuming so, yes, it's empty. However, of more significance is the so-far-successful response I'm getting from something I did during continuing troubleshooting in this end. We had solar panels installed in December of 2015, and I was provided with a "gateway" through which I could, by browsing a specific IP address, monitor the output from each panel in real time. I had forgotten that item during my process of disconnecting things to try to isolate the problem. Doing so has, over the last couple days anyway, left me with smoothly-running "Before" and "After" macros! Hopefully, this will continue. If so, I'll try reconnecting the gateway using a line filter, and see if it can still get whatever information it needs through it, while allowing continuing macro smooth performance. Frankly, the macros are more important, from a personal satisfaction level!
Even though the specific apparent-resolution wasn't explicitly suggested, I don't think I would have stumbled on it were it not for the helpful ideas coming from you two community members. You kept me focused of the effort. So, again, thank you!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »

Glad to see you found the culprit.
Noisemakers and signal suckers can cause some weird things the filter should allow you to use the gateway and macros ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.