Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dimmable Socket Rockets & 3 prong appliance module  (Read 1665 times)

Squirrel1162

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Dimmable Socket Rockets & 3 prong appliance module
« on: August 13, 2017, 10:29:39 PM »

I recently installed 3 new dimmable socket rockets and a 3 prong appliance module.  I set the house code for the socket rockets to M1, M2 & M3 respectively.  The house code for the 3 prong appliance module is set to house code P1.  I set a timer for P1 to shut off at 9pm.  It does so.  Later, I have either M1, M2 or M3 dim.  When that happens, the appliance model P1 turns on.  I don't have a problem with any other socket rockets or modules acting like that.  Has anyone else come across this situation?  If so, how was it corrected?  Thanks for any help.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Dimmable Socket Rockets & 3 prong appliance module
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 06:11:56 AM »

The X10 LM15A and X10Pro PSM04 Socket Rockets are not dimmable.
I checked the X10 sales site to see if they had recently released a dimmable Socket Rocket. I did not see any.

Please give us more information on your Dimmable Socket Rockets. Like who made them and its model number?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:08:48 AM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:26:52 AM »

AHP sends some P house codes signals for unrelated things. I had thought most of these were removed with the last update of the software. ::) :'
Have you tried setting the appliance module to another House code?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 09:46:33 AM »

The house code for the 3 prong appliance module is set to house code P1.  I set a timer for P1 to shut off at 9pm.  It does so.  Later, I have either M1, M2 or M3 dim.  When that happens, the appliance model P1 turns on.

Dimmers can create noise if they switch during the X10 transmission window.  If you have an XTBM or XTBM-PRO with the noise monitor enabled, it will send P1_ON when there is a sudden increase in powerline noise, and P1_OFF when the noise level drops.  Or you might have a sensor somewhere responding to the decrease in light, and sending out the ON command.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Squirrel1162

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 12:30:42 PM »

I do have 3 dimmable socket rockets.  They are part # model SL575.  Like I mentioned, they function just the way I want them to.  I will try and change the house code on the 3 prong appliance module and see if that helps.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks for getting back to  me.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 01:12:37 PM »

Thank you for the model number.

Oh an older model Screw In Lamp Module. Large size compared to the present Socket Rocket module I was thinking about.
You are the first person I have seen call it a Socket Rocket.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:20:24 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.