Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Avion Innovative's New BlueTooth Controller App for iPhone  (Read 11712 times)

avioninnovative

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Avion Innovative's New BlueTooth Controller App for iPhone
« on: October 26, 2017, 10:20:38 PM »

Designed by Avion Innovative Products for X10 enthusiasts, the BTX10 BlueTooth App for iPhone pairs with the IPCE800 BlueTooth X10 Controller. It's Feature-rich, user friendly with graphical displays that control programmed events, lighting scenes, devices and appliances in multiple zones. It programs in minutes on the iOS device with instant updating on the fly. Bluetooth is isolated from IP networks and virtually secure from hackers. The large control buttons are ideal for seniors and people with limited vision. Plug and play in minutes. Set-up lighting scenes using dimming using earlier X10 modules and the new Avion ICE SoftRamp Dimmers. App Packages available from 4 to 12 Zones. Compatible with iOS 8 or later and iOS 11 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Available to ship in November. Visit:  avioninnovative.com

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: Avion Innovative's New BlueTooth Controller App for iPhone
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 11:20:39 AM »

It appears that this device is a minicontroller with an integrated BT interface.  Does it have memory onboard to control the modules or does the phone have to be within range?  If it's cloud based, then there must be a network-to-BT adapter in addition to this device so I'm assuming it has some kind of onboard memory.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 12:47:53 PM »

It's been awhile since I looked at this but I don't think it has network capability. It does have memory for a few timers. They also make a few other X10 compatible modules.
http://pj88global.com/category/home-automation/

http://pj88global.com/ipce-800btc-bluetooth-smart-controller-x10-compatible/

I would be concerned about the strength of the PLC signal. I think it was originally designed for Europe which only allows a very low amplitude signal.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:54:13 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 09:11:55 AM »

I knew I'd seen this before. B:( though the Avion one is slightly different and comes in 3 versions.
Authinx originally reached out to ipc but they never replied.
From posts on other sites the phone must be in range. :(
I would have thought there would be an Android app for this as limiting to iOS cuts you market down greatly.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 09:58:18 AM »

It took a while but finally found where I had seen this unit originally posted about.
http://jvde.us/forum/index.php?topic=325.msg1223#msg1223
Seems the unit has been around since 2013.  Seems IPCe reached out to Authinx not the other way around B:(
In any case when Authinx asked for more info IPC never responded.

I now suspect this device has been in the works for longer then the X10 Wi-Fi module and it has taken them this long to get a app created for it that performs.(and that is only a iOS app  ::) )
If this is the case I understand the delay with the Authinx X10 Wi-Fi unit  release. rofl
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:46:07 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 10:48:56 AM »

I knew I'd seen this before. B:( though the Avion one is slightly different and comes in 3 versions.
I think the only difference is the Avion logo and 3 different software packages. I don't think the hardware comes in three versions.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 01:34:07 PM »

I posted a few questions in their Smarthome Forums post.
They totally ignored my request for added data. On their X10 compatible modules and if an Android app would ever be made.
They also got upset when I said some of the general automation forums {not me}. Say X10 is is a dead protocol and new users would be better off with a more modern protocol.

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »

I now suspect this device has been in the works for longer then the X10 Wi-Fi module and it has taken them this long to get a app created for it that performs.(and that is only a iOS app  ::) )
If this is the case I understand the delay with the Authinx X10 Wi-Fi unit  release

Um, that means they'll both be stillborn.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 08:54:09 PM »

I posted a few questions in their Smarthome Forums .....They also got upset when I said some of the general automation forums {not me}. Say X10 is is a dead protocol and new users would be better off with a more modern protocol.

rofl  :)%  I don't think we're supposed to actually post that about X10 are we? I thought we should only hint at that.... around the edges.  :'
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 12:39:15 PM »

If this is the case I understand the delay with the Authinx X10 Wi-Fi unit  release

Um, that means they'll both be stillborn.
Not sure about that, but maybe both will come out around the same time! ;)
If the Bluetooth controller is first out of the gate it may just stand a chance at some sales.
However the Wi-Fi unit will have both Android and iOS apps, though not with as nice of graphics I suspect.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 02:44:14 PM »

............ but maybe both will come out around the same time! ;)

I had mentioned to the wife that Amazon had released new/improved devises recently. And she asked... "does that mean the ones we own will soon become out of date... and need replaced?"

I hate to lie to my wife. So I said "maybe".

Sure.... maybe there was a time when you could buy/build an automated home setup.... and just operate it for year after year.... after year. But, I've only been at this for a little over a decade... so I don't remember those days. Even if I did.... we know those days of static consumer technologies are long past.

It doesn't matter what worked well back when. And it doesn't matter what may be great at some date in the future. What matters is what works best today... and how much does it cost... compared to what is nearly as good

I can't imagine anyone setting out to build an automated home today, using only one brand (or flavor) of home automations devices/technologies. I will always continue to utilize X10 products into my setup. But.... like always before... I will continue to build and upgrade my setup for my own safety and pleasure.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:46:04 PM by HA Dave »

avioninnovative

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 06:17:07 AM »

You may want to take another look at Avion's Bluetooth Smart X10 controller for iPhone. The App and hardware was designed in 2016 ~ 2017 not 2013. There was another similar App but in no way compares to the new Avion BTX10. It is an ideal controller for seniors with large photo icons and minimul menu controls. It takes one press to begin an event/activity. The App is a serious upgrade to anything X10 Compatible manufacturers have marketed so far.

HA Dave

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 05:00:45 PM »

You may want to take another look at Avion's Bluetooth Smart X10 controller for iPhone. ......

Holy crap! Avion's Bluetooth Smart X10 controller is $200.

You should look at X10's new WM100.... half the price and great options.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 03:41:15 AM »

You may want to take another look at Avion's Bluetooth Smart X10 controller for iPhone. ......

Holy crap! Avion's Bluetooth Smart X10 controller is $200.

You should look at X10's new WM100.... half the price and great options.
Don't forget the WM100 is not limited to iOS.
I don't have an iOS device and ain't about to get one.
The Avion app would make for a nice wall mounted tablet if it were available for Android.

The App is a serious upgrade to anything X10 Compatible manufacturers have marketed so far.
Big fancy pictures don't make an app work any better and is not an upgrade. ::) :' Add Wi-Fi to your hardware and app and more users will seriously look at the product.
If I'm going to put it on my phone I'm going to want to use it away from home.

Maybe push the hardware since you state it was developed 2016~2017 and not 2013 what is the difference?
Is the 2013 verion the basic verion, and the 2017 the pro version?
To me it looks exactly the same, just a new paint job. Tell me I'm wrong! I want to know about the hardware not the app.
From the Avion sales page it appears if I want to control 32 devices, I need the PRO package & it will cost $239?

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 04:01:53 AM »

A true X10 Enthusiast has every piece of equipment. (read the first post)
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.