Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Noob here, please give some advice  (Read 1049 times)

Python49

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Noob here, please give some advice
« on: February 11, 2018, 01:00:38 PM »

Hello Forum,

I wanted to simply explain my current setup and then see if anyone can offer some advice. I'm currently using Indoor Nest Cam's because of their 30day CVR plan which uploads the footage automatically online and then I have someone in another country view my cameras for business remotely to give me reports. I have avoided much stronger cameras than Nest because the uploading of the data and then streaming for that person would be very costly due to internet. So my questions:

1) Is there an IP camera that can better serve this purpose than the Nest, which doesn't have very high bandwidth requirements?

2) I was thinking to just buy a higher powered local CCTV setup which I review in more detail but wasn't sure if the optimal zoom in's that I've seen on youtube for certain models can be zoomed during playback or if that's only for live shots. For example, if I simply record from afar and then during playback want to zoom in and read details for something more clearly, is this doable? If so, any recommendations for a camera system?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Noob here, please give some advice
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »

Depending on the Camera and app some cameras have a digital zoom and optical some only have one or the other.
Optical zoom will only work during live feed..
The digital zoom is what is needed for play back
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Noob here, please give some advice
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 01:48:33 PM »

....... I simply record from afar and then during playback want to zoom in and read details for something more clearly, is this doable?

You can't get anymore than you got.

In other words.... if you want to see in great detail.... you have to collect in great detail. Like with every video or picture ever collected you can always zoom in and maybe see a slight bit more. But you can't create digital imagery... that you haven't collected. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.