Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WM100 Companion module?  (Read 7724 times)

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: WM100 Companion module?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 08:20:18 AM »

I think the WM100 could easily replace the old CM11A's.

Agreed, but...

An Authinx created/supported application running on an Authinx supplied RPi3b that basically replaces AHP and supports all the above might be useful to those not ready for (or not needing) the WM100. And, it would give Authinx another product to sell.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 09:15:14 AM »

... An Authinx created/supported application running on an Authinx supplied RPi3b that basically replaces AHP and supports all the above might be useful to those not ready for (or not needing) the WM100. And, it would give Authinx another product to sell.

I am in complete agreement! You had this idea LONG before I became aware of Raspberry Pi. But in recent months... I have learned my lesson. Now, I've been working on a Raspberry Pi 3 solution myself. Unfortunately... so far I have failed. But others claim various levels of success.

[Of course... Thanks to fernracer I own and use one of the Homeseer Hometrollers... which is a raspberry Pi running HS proprietary software. And it's an amazing setup... which uses the CM15A as an interface.]

So I KNOW a RPi3 solution could be perfect. Of course with the current reconfigured AHP (download).... maybe on a PC stick might be just as functional with a CM15A. Either with IFTTT could make Google Home or an Amazon Echo effective.

I would think... if someone would even just master a setup for a Raspberry Pi and image the whole thing on a SD card... there would be a market for those. At least... I would hope so. It would be an elegant solution. But if X10 was to enter the market... the Raspberry Pi could communicate with the WM100... and not need to bother with a CM15A for an interface.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:18:46 AM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 10:25:50 AM »

But if X10 was to enter the market... the Raspberry Pi could communicate with the WM100... and not need to bother with a CM15A for an interface.

Agreed, again but, again...

Europe limits PLC to ~2.5Vpp - about 1/10 of the WM100 output. There are likely some there who would welcome an Authinx supported plug'n'play RPi3 solution using the European equivalents to the CM11 & CM15.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:33:23 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

HA Dave

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 01:14:18 PM »

... Europe limits PLC to ~2.5Vpp - about 1/10 of the WM100 output. There are likely some there who would welcome an Authinx supported plug'n'play RPi3 solution using the European equivalents to the CM11 & CM15.

Include the drivers and allow the programming to recognize the and use the devices....

I have been attempting to use the RBPi3 attached to a TV with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Because both the keyboard and mouse are small (they make even smaller) they fit in a drawer and the entire setup has zero footprint (perfect for euro-living).

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 08:35:59 PM »

... Europe limits PLC to ~2.5Vpp - about 1/10 of the WM100 output. There are likely some there who would welcome an Authinx supported plug'n'play RPi3 solution using the European equivalents to the CM11 & CM15.

Include the drivers and allow the programming to recognize the and use the devices....

I have been attempting to use the RBPi3 attached to a TV with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Because both the keyboard and mouse are small (they make even smaller) they fit in a drawer and the entire setup has zero footprint (perfect for euro-living).

And if you ran your Raspberry Pi3 without keyboard and mouse your footprint would be the size of a robin ;D

As I suggested before, I could install HomeGenie for you remotely. All you need is an SD card with a vanilla copy of Raspbian and I could do the rest for you. The offer is there for you.

HA Dave

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 10:47:44 PM »

...... As I suggested before, I could install HomeGenie for you remotely. All you need is an SD card with a vanilla copy of Raspbian and I could do the rest for you. The offer is there for you.

Thank you very much. That's an extremely kind and generous offer as there is more time involved than many may realize. But I am a big believer in "if you can't fix it... you don't really own it" (your just renting from the repairman). For me... this has to be something I can do for myself. I've been looking for a local class or club to help me learn.

But... I think dhouston has the right idea for X10, their product line, and their customers (most X10 users). These simple little computers are perfect for HA. If X10 could emulate their old AHP software with it MANY plug-ins... they'd really have a great new product there that could seamlessly integrate with the WM100.... which has turned out to be a really impressive product even in it's advanced release state. And the WM100, sets up faster and easier than any HA Hub I've ever seen/used/or read about.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.