Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IOS Device: Cannot Sync  (Read 6542 times)

michaelbushell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: IOS Device: Cannot Sync
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 05:41:28 AM »

Dave, I just read about the XTBII repeater. I think smart home once offered a two phase bridge which simply plugged into the electric dryer outlet to function. Your flame thrower would need my electrician, unfortunately.

Further, it brought to mind that the CM15 may transmit a stronger signal than the HUB, and the hub may really need the repeater to be as effective  as the CM15. Right now, I have the HUB piggy backed on the same as the CM15, and I dare not move them to another location, as that appears to be an electric center of the house and it can reach all my modules.

Tell me I'm wrong, please.

BTW, I have an extensive audio/video system and I used the palm remotes to turn on the various amplifiers.  I also use Control 4 to wirelessly manage the signal connections to my various audio devices and Bluesound to select the CD. In that, I use my iPhone to do that management. And to make sure no aberrant signal gets to turn on my amplifiers I use a two layer gated approach which requires two button presses and three X10 palm controllers. Now with the HUB, I don't need any palm controllers anymore. Using my iPhone I have all the tools I need to control the system.

August 9: Updated Module firmware but no sync with iPad. iPhone okay.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:44:26 PM by michaelbushell »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »

I have seen posts. Indicating the HUB has a larger power line signal than a CM15A.

Jeff has a great set of X10 troubleshooting tutorials.
If you have not seen them yet.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

My XTB-IIR hits my lowest signal area of the house. With a one and a quarter volt reading on my XTBM test meter.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:36:52 PM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 11:04:01 PM »

Dave, I just read about the XTBII repeater. I think smart home once offered a two phase bridge which simply plugged into the electric dryer outlet to function. Your flame thrower would need my electrician, unfortunately.
Yes, Smarthome did have a 220V outlet repeater.
{verbose mode ON}
AFA XTBIIR, the big difference is the very, very, high output of the XTBIIR. I have over years owned multiple X10 and Leviton repeaters, also had two ACT repeaters. With the exception of one of the ACT repeaters, all used reactive power supplies (just like the X10 modules). 120V line voltage is reduced to lower voltage for the electronics by capacitors (reactive). The XTBIIR and the old ACT uses a good sized transformer (inductive supply) to lower the line voltage. An inductive supply can put out much more current than the reactive supply. I believe the XTBIIR can put out an X10 signal as high as 30V. My old X10 - Levitons struggled to crank out 5V. I'm reading 10V at the other end of the house from the XTBIIR.
JVDE makes superior products.

Regarding wiring in your breaker panel. Yes that is the way it should be done. However I made a short 220V jumper cable from a dryer cord and socket. And wired our XTBIIR in to the socket. Makes it easy to take with, if we move.

At one point Jeff Volp (JVDE) had discussed making these but I do not remember if he went ahead with that. You might contact him through his site if interested.
{verbose mode OFF}  :)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 12:57:16 AM »

I believe the XTBIIR can put out an X10 signal as high as 30V. My old X10 - Levitons struggled to crank out 5V. I'm reading 10V at the other end of the house from the XTBIIR.

Performance tests:  http://jvde.us/forum/index.php?topic=343.msg1529#msg1529

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

michaelbushell

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »

I just updated my iPad to the new 11.3.1, and the Hub still cannot sync !!!!!  (My iPhone works perfectly.)

Tucson

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 03:27:29 PM »

Probably all ready know but just for the record,  iPhone iOS 11.4

Works
  Time sync works
  Firmware check
  Turn devices on and off

Fails
  History and settings sync
  Sync data

michaelbushell

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 06:43:41 PM »

My iPhone after updating to 11.4 continues to work properly. I was a little nervous I have to say.

However, after updating X10 on my iPad to 11.4, which stopped working after the last two updates, still cannot sync. Data transmission during the sync operation actually got to 17% but then the error message came on. I tried several times after and it still does not sync. All other Apps on it continue to work.

Tucson

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »

Interesting my iPhone will not sync with 11.4, I wonder if it matters which iPhone. I have an iPhone 8. I have an older iPhone that I will try and report back.

BTW my iPad still works because I stopped updating. Not desirable but I’m stuck at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:48:15 PM by Tucson »

Tucson

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2018, 03:32:33 PM »

The mystery continues to unfold, on iOS 11.4 the follow results:

iPhone 6S works completely
    iPhone 8 will not sync

:o
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:23:29 AM by Tucson »

michaelbushell

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2018, 03:48:23 PM »

Tuscon, my iPhone is a 7 plus, have it since Jan 2017.

My wife has an iPhone 6S. I just tried it; it works!!

What is X10 doing about this?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 12:50:33 AM »

I have a Galaxy 8+ which during development would not scan my old phone had no issues
I believe developing apps for the WM100 was the wrong approach, just to many variables.
newer phones use different drivers and if an app doesn't update to make those phones compatible they'll never work.
if the app is updated to always work with the newest OS, old phones will may stop working. B:(

The developer is working on issues with the new IOS which they were made aware of just prior to an app update.

This has caused a delay in the update being released. Unfortunately even Android users have to wait for an IOS fix >*<
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2018, 01:21:02 AM »

I believe developing apps for the WM100 was the wrong approach, just to many variables.
newer phones use different drivers and if an app doesn't update to make those phones compatible they'll never work.
if the app is updated to always work with the newest OS, old phones will may stop working. B:(

This is similar to the problem many of us have had with Windows updates.  I have applications that will not work past Windows XP.  Unfortunately, phones update much more frequently than Windows, and this will be a continuing problem for any automation system based on a smart phone.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2018, 06:07:21 PM »

After executing a hard reset on the module (and losing all my devices), I got my iPad Air 2 syncing. My android worked OOTB. My old iPhone 5 works fine.  However, no luck with a second (identical) iPad Air 2. This is really getting annoying.

michaelbushell

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2018, 04:42:24 PM »

My iPad, which once worked with the X10, has not been able to sync since a new iOS update (months go). Now after several updates (now on iOS 12) and a new HUB firmware update, the iPad still does not sync.Through this same period of time, my iPhone 7s continues to work with the X10 hub.

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2018, 05:52:28 PM »

My iPad, which once worked with the X10, has not been able to sync since a new iOS update (months go). Now after several updates (now on iOS 12) and a new HUB firmware update, the iPad still does not sync.Through this same period of time, my iPhone 7s continues to work with the X10 hub.

Same here. Ridiculous. I use an iPhone 5 running 10.3, because it’s the only thing that works.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.