Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pool light help  (Read 1142 times)

sfontaine

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Pool light help
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:13:28 PM »

I bought a home that has a pool light switch, which is an x10 switch. What do I need to get this automated?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Pool light help
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 07:02:12 AM »

What do you want to do?

You can use a table top controllers or remote fobs to manually control them.

Table top controller with a built in timer. That will turn them on and off by a time setting. Would also have manual buttons you could also use.

Computer interface that can do schedules to control them.

You can mix controls. Like you can have RF remotes and use other controls together.

Look around the home. See if you have any other X10 devices installed now. That may start you in the right direction the previous owner was using.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:06:08 AM by Brian H »

VinRin57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Pool light help
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 06:52:40 AM »

I have an Anthony Pool, installed in '92, and they set up the pool light the same way, which is what got me started on X-10.  My .02? Buy what was previously posted (plug in switches) or go forward automating the rest of the house (which is what I did over the years.).  The WiFi hub will cost around $100 and can be located out of sight and close to the electrical panel for optimum signal, then each of the light switches around $30, lamp modules are less.  Overall, less expensive than many of the other options out there..

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.