Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Collision?  (Read 1627 times)

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Collision?
« on: August 02, 2018, 09:30:03 PM »

I have a device that turns on at sunset.  Another device turns on 5 minutes before sunset.  Tonight’s log shows the "sunset" device turning on at 8:05, which suggests that the other device should turn on at 8:00. It did not.  It turns out that I have a third device that turns on nightly at 8:00. That turned on. So, tonight, two commands were sent at exactly 8:00, and only one command succeeded.

Is this an issue?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Collision?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 09:48:50 PM »

….. So, tonight, two commands were sent at exactly 8:00, and only one command succeeded.

Is this an issue?

It would be for me! But if you have dusk/dawn triggers as well as similar triggers set at a static time within the dusk/dawn window.... that should happen maybe twice a year. One solution would be to set a secondary ON (and likely also OFF). So that it would turn ON exactly at 8. Then turn ON (or OFF) again at 8:03. That way on the one or two times a year when dusk/dawn interacts with your static timer.... at least the static time will get a second chance. But then again.... the static timer could always interfere with the dusk/dawn trigger too.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 06:55:48 AM »

Yea, the static timer worked, and the D/D timer did not.  I will have to regroup.  Thanks.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »

There are other threads here on Dusk Dawn.
There is a reported Dusk Dawn being addressed in the next APP release. That is waiting for IOS approval before Android and IOS versions are released.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »

I reported this to Authinx so maybe the developer can have a look at the code.
It is possible the next update will not have this issue as the dusk dawn timer code did get an overhaul as Brian stated.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.