Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Broadlink RM Pro not learning X10 Security RF  (Read 5406 times)

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
Broadlink RM Pro not learning X10 Security RF
« on: August 21, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »

I just pickup up a broadlink rm pro from fleabay. That's probably my problem.

I'm using the e-control app. Got the rm pro connected to the app. I'm trying to learn the rf from a SH624. Tried a KR10a as well. Neither one works. I just get failed on the first step where you long press the button. I'm doing this within a foot of the rm pro. I'm thinking maybe the rf radio is bad.

I checked the firmware and it says I'm up to date with 20025. I emailed support to see if there is a newer version as a google search shows some are at 20028.

I also tried learning rf from a palmpad. Only tried that once but it failed on the first step also. I need to try downloading from the community shared stuff when I get home tonight and see if it even transmits the codes. That should tell me if the rf radio is shot.

But I thought I would ask here to make sure I was doing it correctly since a few here have been successful. LIke I said, using the e-control app. Adding a remote. Making a button and selecting learn single - rf sweep - then holding down the arm-home button on the sh624. I'm within a foot of the rm pro and I hold the button down till the e-control app says it failed. I've done this a several times trying arm home, arm away, disarm and security lights on and off. All failed every time.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: Broadlink RM Pro not learning X10 Security RF
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:17:46 AM »

It's been ages since I played with the SH624. I don't recall whether I looked at the security codes but for regular X10 codes the SH624 only transmits a single copy of the code with each key-press. That could make learning a code difficult.
However, the Palmpad always sends 5-6 codes with even the briefest key-press and sends continuously until the button is released so it may well be you have some other issue.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:24:21 AM »

When I tried to learn the disarm button, and held it down, my security console dinged continuously until I let the button go. So I assume it was continuously sending the button command.

I've been doing google searches all morning trying to figure out how to distinguish between the versions of rm pros. I'm starting to believe I have the rm pro 433mhz version. My serial number starts with RM09 and everyone else where the serial number is mentioned say they have RM03. I found one site that references the RM09 to the 433mhz version. This would explain the problem.

Guess I'll wait to hear back from support. I gave them the serial number to confirm which model I have.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:49:41 AM »

The learning RF range is very short, if your to far away the broadlink will not see the RF. I used a KR10A held right next to the broadlink RM Pro
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 12:21:28 PM »

I've been doing google searches all morning trying to figure out how to distinguish between the versions of rm pros. I'm starting to believe I have the rm pro 433mhz version. My serial number starts with RM09 and everyone else where the serial number is mentioned say they have RM03. I found one site that references the RM09 to the 433mhz version. This would explain the problem.
The RF chip in the RM is capable of a very wide range (approx. 290Mhz-1GHz IIRC) so any differences are likely to be in firmware only.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 01:13:37 PM »

The learning RF range is very short, if your to far away the broadlink will not see the RF. I used a KR10A held right next to the broadlink RM Pro

I was doing it within a foot between the remote and broadlink. Once I even tried placing the remote directly on top of the broadlink.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 01:27:27 PM »

I found learning in the econtrol app very frustrating and turned to using the RM bridge app with the web interface.
This worked for me the best for learning codes which I then past into HA-Bridge.
I did also try the IHC app but it was jsut as frustrating.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 09:22:46 AM »

Finally heard back from broadlink. THe unit I have does not support 315Mhz.

Well crap. Have another coming but this time I contacted the seller to make sure this one supports 315Mhz.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 09:46:07 AM »

If you down load one of my X10 samples and the first one or two codes work then Email broadlink again and ask for the 20028 firmware that's what I'm using now. I had to have them send it to me as the broadlink software would not see it. They will tell you, you don't need it but tell them you can't learn any codes and heard that would fix the issue tell them you can send codes learned by others. My Broadlink was originaly stuck at 20023
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »

If you down load one of my X10 samples and the first one or two codes work then Email broadlink again and ask for the 20028 firmware that's what I'm using now. I had to have them send it to me as the broadlink software would not see it. They will tell you, you don't need it but tell them you can't learn any codes and heard that would fix the issue tell them you can send codes learned by others. My Broadlink was originaly stuck at 20023
 >!

I actually did that. Forgot to mention it. I downloaded your L commands and tried to use them. I turned on my Heyu Monitor and pressed a few on and off commands but nothing registered. So then I figured this device doesn't support 315mhz. The email reply from broadlink confirmed it. In fact, the 315mhz isn't even mentioned on the box.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »

X10's RF frequency is 310MHz not 315MHz.
Some of the devices also used 418MHz.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:21:13 PM by Brian H »

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 02:28:06 PM »

X10's RF frequency is 310MHz not 315MHz.
Some of the devices also used 418MHz.

Yes, but I think I read somewhere broadlink updated their firmware to do something that allowed the x10 310mhz rf to work.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »

You are probably right. I also remember seeing something about it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 03:15:23 PM »

Yes, but I think I read somewhere broadlink updated their firmware to do something that allowed the x10 310mhz rf to work.
and if your stuck in a firmware that doesn't support that like I was you'll not be able to send X10. My box also did not mention 310 MHZ only 418 if I remember.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 03:25:45 PM »

and if your stuck in a firmware that doesn't support that like I was you'll not be able to send X10. My box also did not mention 310 MHZ only 418 if I remember.

I'll reply to them and ask for a newer firmware. If I get it and it works then I'll have 2 broadlinks.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.