Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Better late than never  (Read 1136 times)

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Better late than never
« on: September 21, 2018, 06:44:37 PM »

4 years ago (almost to the day) I ordered a TIP10RF hoping that it could be easily converted to send 310MHz instead of its designed 433.92MHz. That proved highly impractical so I abandoned the idea thinking the WM100 would soon fill the need.

Today it dawned on me that a WeMos D1 Mini Pro could be paired with a 310MHz RF transmitter to accomplish the same thing. Paired with the new PAT03 which has much higher PLC than traditional devices, it might be a substitute for the braindead WM100. Unfortunately, the TIP10RF is no longer available so we won't be able to use its Android and iOS apps.

Hopefully, the D1 Mini Pro can act as a webserver allowing users to connect with a browser obviating the need for apps.

I still need to study the various options for programming the ESP8266. I hope to use the CM11A protocol both for command/control as well as handling timers and macros.

This may prove too complicated for my ancient brain which is a lot less nimble than it was 4 years ago.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:46:23 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: Better late than never
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 08:11:25 PM »

4 years ago (almost to the day) I ordered a TIP10RF hoping that it could be easily converted to send 310MHz instead of its designed 433.92MHz. That proved highly impractical so I abandoned the idea thinking the WM100 would soon fill the need.

Today it dawned on me that a WeMos D1 Mini Pro could be paired with a 310MHz RF transmitter to accomplish the same thing. Paired with the new PAT03 which has much higher PLC than traditional devices, it might be a substitute for the braindead WM100. Unfortunately, the TIP10RF is no longer available so we won't be able to use its Android and iOS apps.

Hopefully, the D1 Mini Pro can act as a webserver allowing users to connect with a browser obviating the need for apps.

I still need to study the various options for programming the ESP8266. I hope to use the CM11A protocol both for command/control as well as handling timers and macros.

This may prove too complicated for my ancient brain which is a lot less nimble than it was 4 years ago.

Regarding your ancient brain that's exactly what's required here. Madness has ensued and as a result there's one poor unfortunate in the shape of Authinx who have literally been left holding the baby.

They are clearly crying out for assistance from the likes of yourself wheather they realise it or not. Hopefully you can reach out and somehow rescue them from the clutches of these idiots they have tied themselves into.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.