Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Socket Rockets  (Read 1576 times)

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Socket Rockets
« on: October 03, 2018, 10:55:41 PM »

I have a CM15A. Everything works by downloading it to the unit from AHP.

Do the socket rockets not work with AHP? Have I missed something?

They are the only things that don't work with timers. I can turn them on/off with the software, remote. But not with a timer. Do i have to leave the computer plugged in? I run it off my laptop.

I have a Linux box that I use for streaming TV. But I can't find a GUI interface for Linux. Is there one? I can't leave my personal laptop plugged in all the time.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Socket Rockets
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »

I'm not all that familiar with the socket rockets, but are they "soft start" (when you turn them on, they brighten up from off)? If not (they come on instantly at full brightness), then they probably need to be defined as an older non-soft-start module in AHP.

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 10:58:08 AM »

Yup. Problem solved.

I guess when I set up the module(s) I selected or the software selected Leviton Switch. When I changed it to socket rockets it all started working correctly.

Whoops.

Chalk that one up to learning curve! LOL.  B:(

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 12:01:33 PM »

Was going to confirm that these do work with both the CM15A and AHP.  I will also pass on a word of warning.  Do not exceed the rated current on these or they will melt and could catch fire.  They are rated to 150W so it should not be a problem in general especially with LED bulbs.  I used one as a means to install a length of outdoor holiday lights and found a charred module when they stopped turning on.  I think I doubled the wattage accidentally (miscalculation), so be careful!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.