Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 wifi app device order  (Read 2113 times)

JBL11554

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 wifi app device order
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:24:08 AM »

Please forgive me if this has already been asked but, how do you place devices, scenes, etc in alphabetical, device number (E1, H3, etc) on the X10 Wifi app?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: X10 wifi app device order
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:49:11 AM »

Currently this has to be done as you add the device as there is no way to re-organize (yet)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 07:28:26 AM »

Currently this has to be done as you add the device as there is no way to re-organize (yet)

Has anyone figured out the "algorithm" (I use that term loosely) for new device position in the list?  I don't care about reordering after the fact, I just want to to have the list in order by device code.  The app apparently picks a spot to drop in a new device, but I can't figure it out.

Tuicemen, is this something that you can ask the developer?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:32:50 AM by ceedee »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 08:13:26 AM »

I don't have direct contact with the developer.
Originally my understanding was devices were placed in order that they are added to the app that may have changed with one of the updates.
I can ask Authinx if they have any insight and maybe they can see what the developer states.
However I don't believe the developer and Authinx are on the greatest of speaking terms.

From what I understand the developer is refusing to do any more work on the app or hand over the protocol with out being paid substantially outlandishly more then Authinx is willing to pay.

I'm very surprised someone hasn't hacked one of these yet. ::) :'
We may be stuck with the current apps and how they perform until some one reverse engineers this and figures out the protocol. :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 12:19:09 PM »

According to Authinx the devices are added in order you create them if when you create them they are not added last in the list then you have a bug of some sort. I tested this with a new setup on a new WM100 and the Android app performs the adds as designed.
I was unable to test the IOS app but had a Authinx rep test adds with it and it performed as originally designed.
They also stated that a request to arrange the devices was requested of the developer but they replied back it wasn't possible to code for some reason.
Most likely that they just don't know how. B:(  >*<
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.