Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Updating and Upgrading?  (Read 6436 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Updating and Upgrading?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 11:49:37 AM »

I'm on a DSL modem there as well I also used your IP change notification. I access through No-Ip so a IP change shouldn't have caused the non connection issue. I did notice the Echo Bridge did cause this on a Pi I have here though I can't remember if I had installed it to that. The off grid RPI has been running for well over 6 months with out failing to send notifications so I suspect Mono is the issue there as it is running mono 4.x
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 12:08:15 PM »

I finally decided to update one of my Pi Zero boards to Buster.
However rather then create a whole new image on a SD card  (as petera outlined here: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31064.0 ), 
I decided to do the update upgrade with the dist-upgrade route.
The Process is detailed here: https://www.maketecheasier.com/upgrade-raspberry-pi-raspbian-buster/
The process was very simple and I feel quicker then making a  new SD card image.
 So far I've not encountered any issues, both HG and HA-Bridge are working as before, maybe better (time will tell). ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 07:32:00 PM »

I'll leave you with the trials and tribulations of HomeSeer. Enough to be doing here for now. Good to see you are one of their satisified customers though. Not forgetting of course that they don't officially support X10,  the subject matter on this forum.
I'm a satisficed customer also. They have two mobile apps, both very usable, and HS4 will have an updated UI with better organization of Devices and Events. I am using "Touch Designer" to make custom screens for tablets and phone. But yes, their desertion of X10 is a thorn.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »

Updating and upgrading has been my entire experience with Home Automation. Never ONCE... have I ever even thought I was done with making my setup bigger and better.... no matter what I've told my wife.  :'

For some time after the old X10 closed their doors.... my setup was in a depressing state of limbo. The depression lifted when Amazon entered the industry (bring with them billions of dollars and enormous innovation). But it's taken a few years for Amazon to create a app that effectively replaces the AHP... IMHO. Home Automation looks brighter than ever now... and more affordable too.

I still hope X10 finds a niche in the market. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.